• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Transcript Freezes all of Premiere

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Premiere yesterday, and now when I try to create captions Premiere freezes on, "Creating auto transcription...    Rendering audio data" every time requiring me to force quit and it doesn't even recognize the error. The standard "Premiere quit unexpectidly, would you like to report the probelm" box never appears and it freezes everything on the computer, meaning you cant minimize Premiere, open, close or opporate any other programs. Making it kinda hard to do my job...

I'm working on 2019 MacBook Pro 

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Processor: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corey240612787j9z,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the version of Premiere Pro you're using? What are the details of the footage you're working with (format/codec)?

Please try resetting the preferences of Premiere Pro and see if it brings any change: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premie...

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you linked but I can't find anything else on the internet that can fix this I don't know what's going on I think I'm just going to uninstall and reinstall Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. On Mac OS 13.2.1, Premiere 23.2.0. Except it's not exactly frozen, which is probably why there is no error. If I click around within the Premiere window, I'll get the "bump" sound, like when an alert or window pops up within the program and if you try to click outside of the little window you only get a sound effect. So I'm thinking a window opens off-screen and since you can't access the window, all you can do is force quite. But when I view all windows I don't see any stray alert windows. So I'm not sure what's happening, and it ONLY ever happens when I try to create subtitles from transcript. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue also. Premiere v23.6 / 2020 Imac running Ventura.

The transcribe dialogue box appears but I can't click anything (as Anthony mentioned you just get a 'blip' sound when you click anywhere on screen) after a few seconds the options on the transcribe pop-up disapear all together and you're left with a blank box, only able to force quit.

System:

Imac 27" 2020

AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8gb

3.6ghz 10 - core i9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here, ever time when i try to editing the transcript (cantonese) it freezes my iMac 5k 2018 need to reboot the imac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines