Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created After Effect Animation that when import doesn't fit

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am a reasonable novice to After Effects but managed to create a animation of a 'travel route path on a map'. I used a jpeg file off the web and created the route path. It works well but I can get it to size correctly in the timeline on playback in Premeire Pro. Have tried 'Fit to Scale' but no luck, I am sure as usual it will be something simple I have not done or doing. Have attached the screenshot from After Effects and Premiere Pro.

Thanks for any helpMap Route in Premiere Pro.JPGMap Route.JPG 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, your map is way smaller than the resolution of your sequence. (Thumbnail timeline is not adjustable)

Post screenshot sequence setting Premiere and a screenshot of the map in the project window with the clip selected and the Preview Area on, like this

AnnBens_0-1663936279309.png

An a screenshot of timeline with playhead over clip showing in the Program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I apologise for not getting back earlier but have been away for a week on a work task. I have attached screenshots of what I hope you asked for. The two are from Premeire Pro and the third is from the original project in After Effects. When I looked at it, I think I can see the issue, as the size of the jpeg map is 736 x 628 (1) which I assume is only one frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your map looks square also, so if you are working with a small project in AE and then using it in PP you'll have to scale it up as your PP is a typical HD 1080p sequence. You'll have some space on the sides of your map in an HD sequence. 

When you look for a map like that, be sure to find one in a size you can use without too much scaling (done in AE most likely). Also, maps in SVG format are good also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thanks for the advice I managed to scale it up so there was only a small amount of black edges.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines