• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created project under wrong settings - how do I undo "set to frame size"?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm quite new to video editing and have been working on a new project - I created the video under the wrong settings which set my aspect ratio at 720x480 and I clicked "set to frame size" as my footage was quite magnified and I was not aware that my project was on the wrong settings... after exporting at 1080p, I was left with a black frame around my tiny video. I checked the properties of the videos and all of them are at 1920x1080p and I have created a new sequence at the correct settings (1920x1080) and copy pasted all my work to the new sequence, however now my video is just super small and the problem still consists when I try to export. Is there a way to reset the video back its original quality without losing all my editing?Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 3.20.31 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

and copy pasted all my work to the new sequence,

If you dont want to start over:

Go into the effect controls of one clip and set the scale to 100%,

Select this clip in the timeline and copy,

Select all others: right click and Paste Attributes (motion).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea ... right click on the clips in the sequence and select "set to frame size" I believe would clear this. And I think you could select a group and do several at once.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start over by dragging a clip into an empty timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dystopiantv  escribió

I created the video under the wrong settings which set my aspect ratio at 720x480 and I clicked "set to frame size"

the videos and all of them are at 1920x1080p and I have created a new sequence at the correct settings (1920x1080) and copy pasted all my work to the new sequence,

Do not proceed in this way, it is generating an increase in processing and a considerable loss of quality, Premiere will sequentially process your work, scaling 2 times its image.

In the original sequence, select the timeline panel, go to the menu Sequence> Sequence Settings and in Editing Mode, then change the value in Frame size, 1920 ---- 1080.

Also check the Pixel Aspect Ratio option, you will probably have to change Square Pixel (1.0).

And the Fields option, with the specifications of the original video, which can be, No Fields (progressive scan)., and ok.

If you do not need to uncheck "set to frame size".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and copy pasted all my work to the new sequence,

If you dont want to start over:

Go into the effect controls of one clip and set the scale to 100%,

Select this clip in the timeline and copy,

Select all others: right click and Paste Attributes (motion).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You just saved me soooo much work! Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines