• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a New Project I have to click to the same folder twice?

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using the latest version of PP after being on a way older version. One thing that is extremely frustrating: If I want to start a new project, I always need to change the project location and then go to the portion right below it (where the folder>Desktop>Videos) and click onto the same exact folder. 

Is there a reason I need to do this? Can I just click onto one of these and it'll automatically move everything to the new folder? 

Screenshot 2022-06-01 161856.jpg

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new import page was never intended to replace the more organized methods of advanced users ... it's simply a quick start version for simpler projects. Replacing the options in the old new project dialog (for a ton of cache/whatever locations) that few users ever used.

So ... do exactly what you did before, that's all.

Type a Name, set a Location for the project file. (And make sure nothing is starred in the middle panel, or blue on t the right side other than the Create button.)

Click Create.

And then you can use the MediaBrowser's ingest capabilities or the Project manager's Import options to add media to your project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh on my part. Thanks for takig the time to write that out. Really appreciate it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That new page thing is so different, it just broke all user "expectations" I think. Kinda in our faces, you know?

But thankfully ... nothing one need pay attention to. After you figure that out, that is ... sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines