• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a new project is harder then before

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the logic behind the new version (avril 2022). I only want to create a new project and organize it before create a new sequence. I don't see a way to do it! It's much more complicated than before!

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you use this?

I agree that the new file management is not as easy as normal Windows,

new project.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, but when I clicked on the Create button, it begun to import files. Many files, taking a long time. I didn't say wich files I want! What's going on? I had to click on "Cancel" to begin properly my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aubert,

> it begun to import files

You just inadvertently selected a folder or files. A little tricky, because if you select a folder, and then double click the folder, all the files in it are already selected. You'll see a check in a box for each thing selected.

Just be sure you deselect everything before creating the project.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem when playing with the Beta version. Fill in the parts Richard circles in his screenshot (i.e. pick the directory and project name, same as always).

THEN in the bottom right of the entire screen, just click on the "Create" button. Yeah, it really is that easy. But only if you find the create button...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find just hitting return after naming will open a new project without pressing the Create button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's. But making that, I still have to cancel the import of  files (I don't know wich ones). It's very strange. Not a big problem, but...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tried to fix something that wasn't broke. I hope Adobe goes back to the old GUI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Import page, they added a new process that some users will find useful.

That's ALL. You always had a separate dialog to name and locate a new project.

Here, just make sure to ONCE turn off the options on the right side. They are sticky. Turn them off once, they stay off.

Now forever, simply give a name and location, click create ... exactly like you always have.

Then in the project as it opens, use the same import processes you always have.

The only change is added functionality for those that want it. No one is forced to use the hew import process.

Period.

And creating a new project takes no more time or steps than before. The opening dialog looks different and has new processes if you want to use them.

That's all.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

My main problem is not with the import page but thanks you for your assumptions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what this thread is about. If you want to talk about something else, use or create a different one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe several changes to the GUI that are worth mentioning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use this feature, I would like to select specific clips from a folder. when I select a folder it checkmarks all clips. I would like to deselect all and then check which clips I want to import. I may have 70 clips in the folder and want 10.  Seems I need to uncheck every one first, then select which ones I want. Selecting the first clip with shift and then the last does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you double-click on a folder, it opens that folder without selecting anything at least on my rig. Have you tried double-clicking a folder to open then select media?

And there is a "deselect all" keyboard shortcut. Set to Ctrl(Cmd)/Shift-A on my system. Which deselects all in any panel it's used in, including here.

Have you tried that?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines