• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Photo Montage

Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export a photo montage the video will not play on Blu-ray Players from a flash drive.  However, if I run the video through HandBrake, the video will play.  The message on the TV screen states that the video file format is not compatible.  I have included a screen capture of the output.  If you download the screen shot it is easier to read.  I am using the latest version of Premiere(22.0).

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to check the playback compatibility specs of the blu-ray player. Check what resolution/frame-rate/H.264 level/Profile it can accept.

Your video is 1920x1440 - which is taller than HD. It might be that your player will only accept 1920x1080...and handbrake might be cropping/padding your video to this resolution. If it's not that, try lowering the 'Level' in the encoding settings. Your level will be 5.0+ in order to accomodate that resolution, your player might accept 4.x so you'll need to reduce your resolution to 1920x1080 or less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried adjusting the Levels.  Some of the photos had too much cropping.  Encoding with HandBrake(1920 x 1080) did not crop the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the file you exported from Handbrake was 1920x1080? If it didn't crop, then it must have added a black pillarbox to the left and right of the image...or stretched yor image to fill.

You should change your export resolution to 1920x1080, rather than 1920x1440 as it is now. use the 'Source Scaling' dropdown on the top left to change how to handle the resolution change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You replied("If it didn't crop, then it must have added a black pillarbox to the left and right of the image...or stretched your image to fill.").  I  do not notice any pillarbox or stretching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines