Creating captions

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Every time I create captions, I have to set the settings (chars per line, frames between captions, number of lines). It would be nice, if the Premiere Pro would provide a prefernce setting, to set default values (it does not).

2) The default for distance between captions is 0 frames, but the accept standard is at least (!) 1 frame. Zero is not Pro

3) When I set the min duration ins seconds, I cannot just press the "5" key to set 5 seconds. It would make sense to allow numeric key entry.

4) When I set the duration in seconds, move the slider to the left, to decrease the value from 3 - it jumps to 29. In fact the slider is sorted by Integer value converted to String: 10..19,1,20-29,2,30-39,4,40-49. Normally, I would expect a slider, to either increase or decrease - not jump from 3 to 29, to 28, to 27, to 20, and finaly (after moving 9 positions) to 2.

5) When I perform a transscript, every time I have to select the language from the drop down list (long!). There is no default setting; and Premiere Pro is not able to detect the language setting from the MP4 file. The language has to be set manually.

6) The transcript language dropdown does not allow selecting a language by typing on the keyboard, only mouse selection is possible.

Just my 10 cents, after using Premiere Pro for a week. And there is no way to open a support ticket, so I'm reporting it here - maybe someone can see this and tell Adobe to fix it? I cannot do that, I'm just a paying single user.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good suggestions.

I had not played with it before, but there is a "Caption Preset" in the Create Captions dialogue that pops up when you select that from the transcript tab. Use the 3 dots, and you can save your own preset.  The preset is saved to the project panel, and I do not see an option to export it (as you can a Caption track style in the Essential Graphics Panel).

Feature requests and bug reports can be filed here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The caption preset is a good one, I missed it - because I am 60+ and I find the black - on black user-interface horrible - simply cannot make out buttons in grey.

It is possible to save a preset - but one has to load it every time Premiere is started. It is not a "preset" which is applied automatically, it is just "save setting".

And it has a bug: the preset does not sav two line captions. Evyer time I load the preset, I also have to remember to change "1 line" to "2 line". Looking at the preset file (JSON) - Premiere does not have the "2 line" setting into the preset file (hence the requirement to set 2 line manually).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines