Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating h.265 proxies with 4ch mono

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community!

My goal: Creating small file sized 720p h.265 proxy files from my canon c200 camera.

Problem: Premiere Pro and Media Encoder only seems to support h.265 mono, stereo and 5.1 channels. Chosing either of these will result in Premiere Pro not accepting the format due to difference in audio format. 

I have tried both through Media Encoder and attaching files and through Premiere Pro's "create proxy" feature but same result.

i am aware of the possibility to convert to a quicktime format however those files are 7 times larger than the h.265 equivalents.

My setup and files:

I am on a windows pc with Premiere Pro 14.4 and Media Encoder 13.1.5

Files is CRM raw files with 4ch mono audio. (The ones I wish converted to h.265 proxies)

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you creating proxies to edit with? Is size the reason you are not using H.264 for proxies? Premiere support for H.265 is still not great, and H.264 will not be that much bigger. Can you use H.264 instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use h.264 but prefer h.265 because of files sizes yes. And the use is to edit with yes 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could use free shutter encoder that supports multichannel audio. or you could even re-wrap it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So making the proxies in h.265 and adding two extra channels with "free shutter"? And then re-linking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see a multichannel option in adobe media encoder for h.264.

Yes, after manually re-linking just one file, it should auto find the rest. but yea, you'd have a lot more compressing options. and you would also free up media encoder as it supports batches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! However i dont seem to be able to make the correct output from shutter encoder. The following is the audiochannels i wish to match - can you help me with the settings?:

Audio:
Audio track 1 contains 1 type(s) of audio data:

Audio data block #1:
Format = 16 bit - Mono
Rate = 48000 Hz
Compressor = twos

Audio track 2 contains 1 type(s) of audio data:

Audio data block #1:
Format = 16 bit - Mono
Rate = 48000 Hz
Compressor = twos

Audio track 3 contains 1 type(s) of audio data:

Audio data block #1:
Format = 16 bit - Mono
Rate = 48000 Hz
Compressor = twos

Audio track 4 contains 1 type(s) of audio data:

Audio data block #1:
Format = 16 bit - Mono
Rate = 48000 Hz
Compressor = twos

Timecode:
Timecode track 1 contains 1 type(s) of data:

Timecode data block #1:
Start Time = 16;15;36;15
Reel name =

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the preset set to 'multi'?  I know premiere needs the exact same number of channels as the proxy to connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is but even if I choose 4 audio channels it doesn't seem to match. I can only choose AAC codec and not 16 bit mono

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use 'copy' mode to passthrough audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your help! I think i am close 🙂
however, when converting my  .crm files to h.265 I get following error (No matter the audioformat)
FFprobe: Unsupported codec with id 0 for input stream 6
FFmpeg: Decoder (codec none) not found for input stream #0:0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you probably need to install a vfw compatible audio codec. (They work in other programs like a plugin)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines