• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating MXF with two channels- English and Spanish

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Still a noob with this tool, I am trying to create a MXF with one video file, one English SCC, and one Spanish SCC. I need English to CC1 and Spanish to CC3. When I bring the captions in, I can modify the channels for each SCC and play both with the correct languages in each channel but as soon as I export, it loses the memory of it and not creating the MXF with the two langauges embedded in the channels. Can someone please explain and/or show me how to do and what I am doing wrong? Thank you a million!!

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to export a video with two AUDIO channels or two SUBTITLE tracks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christina,

How are you testing for the presence of the embedded caption streams? Import the file back into PR and look to see if the streams are there. Be sure to set Preferences -> Media has "import captions on import" checked.

What version of PR are you running?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI, the Preferences - Media actually says "Include captions on import."

I had not tested two channels of 608 recently. I created a sequence, transcribed, and added captions as English 608 CC1 and Spanish 608 CC2. I exported as MXF OP1a Embed. Both streams are present using 3 methods: 1) Reimport to PR and create a matching sequence, 2) play using Telestream Switch 5.0 (free version does not support full captions, but it does show the presence of the streams and displays information on screen), and 3) inspection with Media Info.

Playing in VLC does not show the presence of the embedded streams. I know some users have reported this works, but I have not succeeded yet.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines