• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Update to 2022 Messed up My Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just update all of my creative cloud items to 2022 and so far, Premiere is buggy now.  Firstly it CONSTANTLY hangs after I open my project.  And it also hangs trying to close the project.  Also, the After Effects items within it don't render on the timeline anymore.  Just get that yellow screen with all of the languages on it.

I opened After Effects and the projects open fine.  Premiere is wonky.  

Trying to render a project for a premiere tomorrow and it doesn't seem doable now.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried resetting app preferences & clearing cache to isolate any cache/preference corruption issue that might be causing the app to misbehave?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an absolute disaster this update and has ruined my day, possibly week!!!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening for me. As Sumeet suggested, I reset app preferences and cleared cache but it didn't work. Hope they fix these bugs very soon. BTW,  I'm using a new iMac with M1 chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I am finding that both After Effects and Premiere are not running well with the M1 chip. macb os monterey update happened just before I undated my Adobe softwear. I was blaming Apple, but looks like it might be the bugs at Adobies end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here plus I can't send sequences for render to the Media Encoder, they just stop loading towards the end and the app hangs. With making old Premiere files incompatible with new ones will I be able to open my projects from 2022 version after I roll back to the previous version? Or do I have to do all the work again? This update is very buggy and it made my work almost impossible so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry TheBopper,

Did you update a 15.x project to version 22? Or are the problems with brand new projects? Hangs on open are often due to outdated plug-ins from previous versions not working in current ones. Can you check your plug-ins compatibility?

As an editor, I've been advised to avoid updating projects until they are completed, no matter the NLE. Is it possible to return to the last version of 15.x and complete it, and then start only new projects in the new version? Let me know if that's feasible at all.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the concept of waiting to update your NLE until all projects are competed, but in practice it just isn't possible. I have multiple projects in the works year round so it's either never update or update while a project is in progress. 

Instead Adobe needs to make sure and release versions that will not break current projects – they have a conversion process when you open an older project, so what's not working properly within that conversion? How are they missing key processes that transition the project to the new versions and do not break the timeline? Dynamic linking seems to be a major culprit and I am becoming convinced it is more trouble than it's worth.

I've been a Preimere user since 2001 and I hate to say it but Premiere is not on an upward trajectory. The last two major updates have caused more issues than they've fixed. I would much rather see Premiere made rock solid than add fringe features that are not needed by most professionals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear hear.

Clients come back (ideally) and some want to revive older work. Being able to open and convert previous files is a key component of modern professional software.... but when I say older work I'm not talking 20 year old projects, I'm talking 1 year old old projects... heck 1 month old projects.

Point is — forever working in older software is what stiffels progress. We should *want* to upgrade, and promote innovation— not fear it. Being stuck in the past is what Quark Xpress suffered from and ultimately pushed them out of the market.

Let's hope Adobe is working on the problem...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Same thing is happening to me.
  • No plugins.
  • When I upgraded I chose NOT to use old preferences, and chose YES to trashing the old apps (In hopes to avoid old prefs issues!).
  • I have to force quick Premier multiple times a day / reboot my machine to get it to give me a solid edit.
  • I have noticed with dynamic links it's even worse. What slightly helps is opening up AE and pre-rendering the dynamically linked comp, then quit and reopen the PR project. 
  • Also — avoid allowing PR to recover from the crash... this rarely works and hangs most of the time on either open or save.
  • Have not tried new PR projects, only opening old projects in PR2022 — but I need PR for both old and new work....

All of this is too bad since, when PR is working, it's so much faster than the previous version — until it crashes of course.

Macbook Pro, 13" M1, 16 GB RAM, MacOS 12.0.1 (21A559)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also.... relinking dynamic links almost certain causes hangs every time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you're tight on drive space, keeping the prior version with the new version should be fine.

As far as plug-ins go, have you check the Media Core folder?  

These articles may be helfpul in getting your Premiere Pro to be stable (it's possible, at least for the time being, my M1 Mac mini is one of the best editing workstations I've ever had):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anybody still having issues.  I just rolled back to the previous installation of premiere, got rid of 2022 and now everything works again.  So long story short:  I won't update again until all my projects are done or Adobe forces us to for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do this? After downgrading to PP + AE 2021 my PP still does not work with imported AE files ... De-installed and deleted prefs etc, installed 2021 after reboot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im currently trying this approach, hope it sorts things out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems over here. (Abuse removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having to be your own IT person can be frustrating.

These articles may be helfpul in getting your Premiere Pro to be stable (It's 100% gosh-darn possible!!!):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Pro since '95, I'm not new to this game. Saying Premiere Pro can get 100% stable is a joke.  Thanks for the general links but I also know Google...

All jokes aside, my workday is officialy screwed, thanks again Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since '95?  Sweet.  I started with Premiere back in 1993.  It was really well suited for multimedia work and third party products like Radius VideoVision and Targa2000 allowed it to give Avid Media Composer some competition in the music video and instustrial video area.

If you find any helpful Google seach results, be sure to post them in this thread.

It's a little 1995, but have you tried a clean install of just your OS and Premere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my voice to this. 

Updated our systems. Some received the issue, my machine didn't and worked flawlessly.

Then I tried opening somebody elses project that was giving issues on his machine on mine and it broke.

Now my own projects are also broken!

How does this release without having tested the most basic functions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible Solution:

Re-allow all Adobe apps access to files in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy.

Instructions:

1.  Quit all Adobe apps.
  2.  Open System Preferences -> Security & Privacy
  3.  Click "Privacy" tab, click the padlock and enter an admin credential to gain access
  4.  Under "Full Disk Access", remove any and all Adobe apps including Media Encoder.
  5.  Under "Files and Folders", remove any and all Adobe apps (excep Adobe Core Sync and CC Library — maybe you can remove these too, but I didn't)
  6.  Restart your Mac
  7.  Re-open Premier, After Effects and Media Encoder — you may be asked to allow file access for these apps, allow it. access.
  8.  Now open your older Premier and After Effect projects and if you are asked again to allow file access, allow it.

I tried this method and so far, while Dynamic links in older projects take a little longer to load, they seem to be more stable ..... for now. Hopefully this is the "fix".  Post if you find this works — or not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Welp...  I tried this method on a brand new Macbook Pro M1Max with 32 v-cores and 64GB RAM, and STILL Adobe PR and AE are having issues. Took me several reboots, opening AE rendering previews, opening PR waiting for updated renders, if not or it crashed, rebooting again, trying again etc. etc. ......very unreliable on projects built Pre-v22. Finally managed to get a render out (no idea how...), but it was a rediculous process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best approach is downgrade back to 2021 versions of software.

I had same situation, this resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this issue too. I've reported it to Adobe as a bug along with hardware rendering poor quality. 

Tried this on both Mac Mini M1 and also MacBook Pro M1 Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines