• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creteSubSequence() keeps main sequence track effects - How to get defaults?

Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. When i use this method, i would like that the track's "effects" of the main sequence get back to their default in the subsequence.

For example, if i have a track with "audio track keyframe", the subsequence keep this settings, resulting in a double effect applied in the main sequence. Same thing if there is an audio track mix and probably all other track effects.

Is there a specific method to get their default?

Does "get/setSequenceSettings()" restore them to default?

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

> Does "get/setSequenceSettings()" restore them to default?

createSubsequence() doesn't do anything to the effects or keyframes applied, within the source sequence. There is no API for restoring any default values. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Does "get/setSequenceSettings()" restore them to default?

createSubsequence() doesn't do anything to the effects or keyframes applied, within the source sequence. There is no API for restoring any default values. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in the main sequence i have edited the audio track volume (ie: -2db), in the subsequence i have the same edited audio track (-2db). So, when i go back and put the subsequence into the main sequence, i obtain a double edit, -4db.

Same thing if i apply to this audio track volume the keyframes, they are also present in the subsequence.

Or, if i lower a volume of an audio track with mixer panel, it will be lowered also in the subsequence, obtaining the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The behavior you've described sounds By Design; you get the same results if you were to create the subsequence using PPro's UI (instead of API), right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, right. It's the expected result because the API is the same thing as the UI, but it is the most convenient way to create a good nest, because there is not a "nest" API. But with this workaround, these things are not good in this case, so i'm looking for another workaround to reset them to default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines