Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Crop clip with green screen layer

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm need to key out the green screen, add a background, and crop the shot.  I've learned how to do the key and background but when I tried to use the crop effect it seemed to SCALE my foreground clip rather than crop both the clip and the background layers together.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021
Hi Lee, I'm wondering what way you are applying the 'crop'. This could be causing weirdness   You mention that you want the crop applied to both the key layer and background together. If so try this way and see if it solves your issue: Green screen layer on V2, Background on V1 - get your perfect key. Now nest both those clips (select them together, right click, select nest from drop down menu). Now apply the crop to the nest clip.  This should work as expected. Good luck - let us know how you ...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 20 programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I thought I was in the Premier Pro Community.  Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee, I'm wondering what way you are applying the 'crop'. This could be causing weirdness 🙂 

You mention that you want the crop applied to both the key layer and background together.

If so try this way and see if it solves your issue:

Green screen layer on V2, Background on V1 - get your perfect key.

Now nest both those clips (select them together, right click, select nest from drop down menu).

Now apply the crop to the nest clip. 

This should work as expected.

Good luck - let us know how you go.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you!  And then I was also able to scale them together to refill the frame size after the crop. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines