• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop effect is not working

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to word this properly, but when I try to crop a video it doesn't work. You can see by the handles that the video is being effected, and in the sequence preview you can see it being effected but in the preview panel it isn't being cropped. I can't find anything on the internet to help - and I'm really very new to Pr so my apologies if my wording is off. I've attached a video that shows my problem in more detail.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Iv'e figured it out. I had global FX Mute on. Hopefully this helps someone in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

HUGE HELP!!!! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iv'e figured it out. I had global FX Mute on. Hopefully this helps someone in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the future. You helped me out. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Gwen! You are a GOD! I'm going to worship you for the rest of the week! You saved me from a heart attack! Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fogetting 'the 'GlobalFX' mute button happens to everyone sooner or later 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's further into the future, you're still helping people out..😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gwen,

We appreciate you wriitng in and sharing the experience. We're sure it will be helpful for other users too.

Give us a shout if you get any other issues. 

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mute/unmute the global fx did not solve this problem for me. I am using 2023 version. There are too many things going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just found the reason the crop doesn't work! Perhaps this is only relevant to 2023 version. The effect actually works but because it is at the back of the object being cropped, you will not see the effect applying. So, to crop and see the effect, drag the crop effect on the Essential Graphics panel over the (in this example) shape. The hierarchy can also be swapped in Effect Controls tab by simply dragging the crop effect over the shape. The crop effect has to be above the object being cropped. See more in the attached screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am soo confused. I'm trying to crop the edges of a still on V1 and a still under it on V2 for a split screen effect. I dropped crop onto the selected clip in the timeline, but when I adjusted it nothing happened. I opened the Effect Graphics tab and there's nothing there for me to drag crop onto. How do I know if "the effect is at the back of the object being cropped," like you said was occuring in your situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, I accidentally typed "Effect Graphics tab" but I meant "Essential Graphics tab."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind! Global FX was muted, even though other FX were appearing. I hate Premiere Pro 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted. But to clear the confusion, the crop effect has to be applied first before you will be able to see it under essential graphics tab. I attached a screenshot to my original response. The Global FX that worked for you didn't work in my own situation. Hating Premier Pro 2023? I agree with you totally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HUGE HELP!!!! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines