• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop effect not found in Premiere Pro CC 2017

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently editing a video for a project and i needed the crop effect tool. I searched for it in the effects panel, unfortunately, i cant find it. I was certain I had it before in my previous projects. Now I'm wondering why i can't find it. is it hidden somewhere? or are there any alternatives to have the crop effect? Thanks in advance for your response!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you type "crop" into the Effects search bar?

On my rig, that took me right to Video Effects/Transform/Crop ... which is I think what you're looking for.

I hope that helps ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.pngHello, R Neil, thanks for replying. Yes, I did it a few times but it's just odd why it won't show up anymore. As you can see in my screenshot here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manually twirl down Video Effects/Transform to see if it's listed?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.pngyes, i also did but nada. same with the other folders, crop couldn't be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. Should be there.

Nei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenlianh,

That is surprising. Please reset the Premiere Pro preferences & test.

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new, and I don't know if I should be doing this, but I'm having the exact same problem (except for the fact that I never found it.) Re-setting Premiere with Alt and Alt+Shift does nothing, and searching "Crop" still turns out with nothing (same for manually looking for it). I couldn't find any mention of this anywhere, so I'm prompted to believe that this is a relatively new problem with some computers. I'm running the trial version on Windows 7 if it helps.problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version is this? (see about...under Help)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tomchazen,

Please let us know the exact version number for investigation. Here are the steps: FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I also have the same problem, can't find the crop effect.  My version is 12.01 (Build 69)

Cheers,

Tania

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the problem.  I don't know why I have a mix of languages: english AND spanish! so I found it in spanish.  Any suggestions on how can I change that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tania.iarroyo  wrote

I have a mix of languages: english AND spanish! so I found it in spanish. 

Can you post a screenshot of that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see I had to use the translation of crop effect (recortar) in order to find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. confused_2011.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIght want to file a bugreport on this so the Premiere team knows about this 'issue'.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenlianh,

As R.Neil Haugen stated, the crop effect is in Video Effects/Transform/Crop. Please check the screenshot.

12.JPG

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you're still having this issue, but I noticed mine was gone as well and began searching to see if anyone else had a problem. After looking at mine again, I realized that I'd clicked the 32-bit color (the middle button beside the search bar). While that button is blue, my crop effect is gone, but when I clicked and made it grey again, the crop effect was back underneath transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super helpful! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines