• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cross Dissolve Text Flash.

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding a few bits of text to my video, I have them cross disolvve into frame, which works just fine, and then try to cross dissolve them out again once they've surved their purpose. However, once the crossdisolve has finished and the text gets to 0 oppacity, the text will come back at 100% oppacity for 3 frames creating a flash effect when played at full speed. The text will even stay on the screen 2 frames OVER the pink text box. (How is this possible?) I have left a video of the exact problem. Any help would be appriciated, I am pretty new to this software also.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Hi Liam,

Thanks for writing in with your issue. I think we can help you out on this one. I hope so, anyway. Set an In and Out Point above the section of your Timeline when the scores flash back on. Choose Sequence > Delete Render Files In to Out. Your effect will now reflect the work you have done. Try it and report back.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing Enter to render the timeline and turn the red line above the timeline to green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

It looks like Liam's existing render files need to be deleted first.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Thanks for writing in with your issue. I think we can help you out on this one. I hope so, anyway. Set an In and Out Point above the section of your Timeline when the scores flash back on. Choose Sequence > Delete Render Files In to Out. Your effect will now reflect the work you have done. Try it and report back.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked just fine. Awesome help. Any reason why this is the case and the probelm was presented in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Liam,

Sorry about the issue. As a fellow video editor who also uses a lot of video effects, this issue crops up in most NLEs I have used over the years. The timeline is not exactly smart sometimes. It sometimes hangs on to render files it thinks you need for playing back effects, so you need to manually delete them. Once you are more in tune with this troubleshooting technique, fixing the problem comes more normal. You can also "break" the preview files by removing the effect or simply resetting it in the problematic area of the timeline. That will basically "break" the connection to the preview files and a new effect will take on changes. Instead of breaking the connection to the preview files, I prefer to delete them, since there is no need to store preview files you will never use again. Sorry for the long explanation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines