• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Disc Allocation

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, My video editing goes back to 2003, Pinnacle cards! I have been away from it for quite some time. Then was using CS5 extensively. A long while back I had my PC upgraded after a total failure with the intent to upload all my VHS, Hi-8 and DV video but work and life intercepted my best intentions. Now that I'm retired I have the time to get back up to speed. I need advice as to where to set up my scratch discs, media etc. I've spent much time reading posts from years ago but the more I read, the more confused I get. So here is my PC that I had built a few years back.

Windows 8.1 - used this since CS5.0 didn't support W10

CPU = I7 5820k @ 3.3, Haswell

65GB Ram

Asus x99 Deluxe, 2011 socket

NVDIA GTX 970

Drives:

C = Samsung SSD850, 256gb / OS, Programs. Labeled as "Local Disk"

O = Samsung SSD950 NVMe, 500gb / Labeled "Project Drive"

K = WD Velociraptor, 300gb / labeled "System Reserved". This drive is partitioned for some reason 99mb and 279gb

M = Same WD Velociraptor as above. This is the other partion. Labeled as "Local Disk"

H = Set up as RAID 0, Labeled "RAID Drive 1". These are WD Caviar drives

J = Set up as RAID 0, Labeled "RAID Drive 2". These are WD Caviar drives

R = Seagate back up, 3TB

Could someone guide me as to the best placement of the various files, scratch discs, projects, etc.

Thanks much

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

Will you use your copy of CS5, or do you plan to update to CC v.23?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Kevin, I will need to continue with CS5 at this time. As always it's all about available $$$. I am in the process of capturing all my video from VHS, Hi-8 and DV. I still have my PD170 & VX2100 Sony's. I know it's old tech but it serves my purpose at the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's great that you have multiple drives. Having project and videos on one secondary drive and graphics music on another drive used to be the recommendation. (If I remember correctly.) Drives are faster now and I do well with my projects and media on a second drive. I also recommend updating to the newest version of Premiere. There are amazing features like Multicam and auto audio ducking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines