Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUDA Issues

Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I seem to have suddenly (at some point over last week or so) lost the ability for GPU acceleration in PP. 

In Project Settings it's simply greyed-out. 

fionnm61793799_0-1651584890634.png

I've updated to lastest version (22.3.1) and have uninstalled and reinstalled PP. I've downloaded, installed and reinstalled, the latest NVIDIA studio driver. I'm now at a bit of a loss. (I'm fairly certain the issue pre-dates the latest installations - as it was due to a bit of sluggishnes that I went to update.) 

Not sure if it's relevant, but on the homepage of the GeForce Experience app, I see a number of apps but not PP. There is the option to 'scan for apps'. It says it's found 8, but doesn't give any other info or options for actions (this may well just be irrelevant.) 

fionnm61793799_1-1651585228013.png

Any suggestions?

For info, my setup is:

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Intel Core i7 6800K CPU

32GB RAM

Thanks in advance

Fionn

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

And bizarrely, having just said that, it's working again. 

I tried for the 3rd time using GPUSniffer and this time it seems to have done the trick (last two times I tried, it spotted the GPU, but then I did a reboot before launching PP. This time I went straight to PP after GPUSniffer and it seemed to work.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont need the GeForce Experience app.

download directly from Nvidia and install manually:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/187604/en-us

nvidia.jpg

Ignore driver number in screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann!

I'd actually forgotten you're suppsed to do a clean install, so haven't done one for ages (will try and remember to do that from now on.)

Sadly, that hasn't worked. Which is a bit of a pain.

I'll maybe try uninstalling the GeForce Experience app (which I've never liked anyway) and try installing the driver manually again (in case the app has some profile settings that it's reapplying behind the scenes.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that didn't work...... which is a shame.

Wonder if it could be a hardware issue - though not sure how I would check that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC often shows no cuda when first booted but a restart then fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was kinda hoping it would just solve itself after various restarts, but still not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And bizarrely, having just said that, it's working again. 

I tried for the 3rd time using GPUSniffer and this time it seems to have done the trick (last two times I tried, it spotted the GPU, but then I did a reboot before launching PP. This time I went straight to PP after GPUSniffer and it seemed to work.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines