Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor sticking in Premiere

Participant ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use a Wacom Intuos Pro and Premiere v13.1 on a Mac and I have the following problem since about a year (so with all the previous Premiere versions as well).

When I navigate with my pen the cursor very often "gets stuck" - when I click on something and move away it keeps thinking that I am pressing down. It happens during anything - navigating between different timelines, doing colour correction etc. It is really annoying so sometimes I have to switch to the mouse which does not have this problem. I have this tablet for two years and the clicking works perfectly fine with all the other software including other Adobe Products like Lightroom and Photoshop, but Premiere is almost impossible to use.

How can I fix it?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's an old post but did you ever found a solution?

I'm having the same issues with Premiere V14.7, especially on the timeline, with timeline tabs getting stuck on the cursor. It's pretty annoying as the timeline sometimes opens in a new window, or the order of the different timelines gets shuffled around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise!  It has been a persistent issue for some versions and yet no solutions. Creative Clout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Did anybody ever find a workaround? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid we're F'd my friends. It would appear these two companies have no interest in expanding there product line beyoond the still frame world. This one issue scues my shift to Resolve a good 30%... and increasing over time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue with the standard mouse and trackpad on my Macbook Pro. It's driving me crazy. Anyone found any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just become an issue for me too. Its super annoying and I can't seem to find a fix. Just started happening with the latest update. Using the same Macbook Pro and magic mouse I've used for years. Everything else on the computer works fine except Premiere. Any update Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also still having this issue... It's ridiculous there isn't a fix for this... Is it only happening with the magic mouse on mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just magic mouse, I use a couple different razers and it happens with them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be a compatibility issue with Windows.

For me, the fix was:

Settings > Mouse > Additional mouse options > And disable the "Enhance pointer precision" checkbox

jacks15837548_1-1687565061625.png

Apply and it gets solved instantly with Premiere running the entire time (no need to restart it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure not just a windows issue. Extremely jealous that you have a work around though, not so fortunate on mac... at least as far as I can tell 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also disabled this one too:

LecJackS_0-1687565617897.png

"Turn on click lock"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ one here too. This has been happening all day. I updated to 23.5.0 a couple days ago and same exact issue you describe with switching between timelines and the window getting dragged around and reordering my workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried all teh above. Does nothing, cursors just sticks on options. pathetic man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is persisting in 2023. Timeline-tabs stick to the cursor when changing between sequences too quickly. It's a super annoying glitch. I use an Logi MX Master 3, experiencing the same issues, so it's not connected to the tablet at all. Disheartening to see the issue has been around for four full years. What's up Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. I don't have a Wacom Intuos Pro installed, but I do have an XP-pen tablet. Just using the mouse in Adobe Premiere is sticky.  I've been experiencing this issue for a few years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's January 2024. Still no resolution to this issue, it seems?

I'm using the stock standard Magic Mouse that comes with the iMac.

It happens when you click between sequences. You have to then click twice in inactive space for it to "let go". Otherwise you end up selecting things or dragging tabs all over the place. Oh, the layered frustration!

Any fix for this on the horizon, @ADobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates?? This has been an issue for a while now, and it's driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me, Premiere v24.0.3 (Build 2) on a 2021 M1 Macbook Pro. It happens both when I use the built in trackpad and an external Bluetooth mouse. Extremely annoying and frankly very risky. It can cause you to unintentionally select and overwrite files in the timeline just from moving your mouse around, because it's stuck as if you're holding down left click, even when you're not. What's the fix??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yeah it’s a joke.

No fix. Have to use mouse unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines