• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor to Auto-Scroll in Source Window

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an actual way to have the play cursor auto-scroll or move with the page in the Source Window?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

but you can adjust the source monitor so the length of the entire clip is displayed using the thingamajig (I think Ann calls it "the time ruler") that's located between the playhead and the shortcut icons so the playhead is always visible.    Sorry if that's obvious to you, but figured in case it's not...  I do this all the time to adjust the scale of this display...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand.  Can you try and explain in more detail...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.  In the Source Monitor window, when watching the video, you have the blue cursor that already moves through the time ruler as it is played.  However when that blue cursor continues to scroll when you are playing the source, outside of the window, you don't actually see the blue cursor anymore, you actually have reduce the time-code ruler to see its location.

Similarly in the timeline you can actually set it to auto scroll so you see exactly where the blue play cursor is.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is not.

Besides moving the time ruler, the only way (I can think of) to get the cursor back (and centered) is to stop play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann. I was being hopeful. Would be a great feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but you can adjust the source monitor so the length of the entire clip is displayed using the thingamajig (I think Ann calls it "the time ruler") that's located between the playhead and the shortcut icons so the playhead is always visible.    Sorry if that's obvious to you, but figured in case it's not...  I do this all the time to adjust the scale of this display...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mgrenadier , I am aware of the time-ruler as you mentioned. I do use this often. It would have been great to have the auto-scroll feature on the source window as well.

Thank you for reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines