Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

custom bin for - effects is missing in premiere pro 2021 - windows

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

custom bin for - effects is missing in premiere pro 2021 - windows

the bin I drag all the effects I used most often - to  - is now gone - why?

and how do I restore it? Effects tab in general behaving oddly as of 04 - 16 - 21

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, but this has been happening for years every time there is an upate my custom effects bins vanish and I need to re-create them, there has to be a solution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, not only that but I also lose all my custom layouts, key commands etc.  the work around I found that works for me is to go to: 

Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/14.0

copy the contents of the folder and place it in the most recent install of premiere pro, ie 15.0

Reopen Premiere and you should have all your setting back. 

if you are using One Drive in windows then the path is OneDrive/documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/14.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that before and just did it again and it doesn't bring back the missing custom effects bins. I just added it all back anually and did a manual SYNC and told it to UPLOAD my settings into the cloud, I am hoping that will help with the next update. I have no idea what it did in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, I put a bunch of time into a custom bin folder with presets to settings that I use all the time. After the recent upgrade, the entire bin is missing. Super bummed this happened. I can't seem to find where they are saved to restore it. Hopefully someone knows how to get these back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generally speaking at every given turn I'm looking to save presets, etc - to an external ssd - I like the idea of taken the power back from the cloud and from the seemingly random and deeply concealed recessess of my system and having them all in one simple location - so that I can throw my computer off the balcony, be flying 5 miles high,  and still be able to have a nice predictable workflow - Adobe let's make it easy (perhaps an option with a popup window that tells you were something will be stored and asks you if you'd instead like to store it to a simple offline location is a worth considering (for everything under the sun that will be stored somewhere) - similar to how you designate - your cache, and autosaves etc. Maybe there is a way to do this in project settings already that I don't know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines