Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customize shortcuts which include mouse action

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone 🙂
So on Premiere Pro, to select multiple clips in the timeline, I have to hold shift+click on the desired clips, in order to select them all at the same time. Since on literally all other software, this is done (on mac) by holding cmd+click, I'd like to change that function on Premiere. But I don't find how to change a shortcut that includes a mouse action. Any idea how to do that? Thank you so much! 🙂

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot change the shortcut.

How about lassoing the clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only works with adjacent clips, but not when there aren't :l 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will always be different strokes for different folks, eh, NLEs... 😉

In all Adobe applications holding shift functions as an add feature, whilst holding ctrl/cmd will select single items.

Like Ann said, what I frequently do, is lasso the clips I want to select with the mouse on the timeline. If you hold the ALT button while doing that you can select just the video or audio portions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand that they are different, but so far I've been able to customise everything to my liking. So I was hoping this one could be too. Too bad it's not possible, but it is what it is :).

But you say that holding ctrl/cmd will select single items, what do you mean? 🙂 To select multiple clips it's shift+click, and to select only one clip, you just need to click on it. No need to hold any other key. So what is the effect when holding cmd+click? I don't see any difference? 
Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also Ctrl + A to select all and then Ctrl + click to deselect individual selections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are on Windows? Because I'm on Mac, and the Mac's equivalent of Windows' Ctrl is Cmd. And actually using Cmd + click is exactly what I want to do, but it seems like only Shift + click works. 
It's not the end of the world, but I really wish I could unify all the NLEs that I use. And this key is the only thing I can't figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines