Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cutting to milliseconds

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I've had the same problem lately I always try to cut videos to the millisecond.But for example when i try to cut to 0.060 milliseconds it won't let me it will automatically make it 1 second long.Or if i cut less it will make it 0.025 milliseconds.So between 0.025 milliseconds to 1 second seems like impossible to cut is there anthying i could do? 

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Select 'show audio time units'.

Show audio time units.PNG

Then right click on the timecode numbers and select milliseconds.

milliseconds.png

When working with video it is often worth thinking about traditional film and how you can only cut between whole frames and not in the middle.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thnk you'll find they are frames not miliseconds.

HH:MM:SS:FF, It looks like you have 30 frames/sec so the frames will count to 29 then the seconds will increase by one and the frames will reset to zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And is there anyway i can change to miliseconds ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the timline to audio time base in milliseconds, and can of course cut audio clips that way. And of course slide an audio track one way or the other to better time it with a video track.

However you can't cut video tracks in less than one frame increments. So say with 24fps sequence, the shortest cut you could make is 1/24th second.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I understand correctly if I raise the fps I can maybe achieve the 0.60 milliseconds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each frame at 30fps is 33ms, at 25fps 40ms, at 60 fps 16ms. Why do you want to work in ms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to work in second/milliseconds but i don't know how to do that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select 'show audio time units'.

Show audio time units.PNG

Then right click on the timecode numbers and select milliseconds.

milliseconds.png

When working with video it is often worth thinking about traditional film and how you can only cut between whole frames and not in the middle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines