• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cycle Through Blending Modes | Effect Controls Panel | Seeking Adobe Premiere Keyboard Shortcut

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Is it possible to CYCLE THROUGH the Blending Modes in Effect Controls Panel within Adobe Premiere as a keyboard shortcut? I would like to easily cycle through the different options (Normal, Dissolve, Darken, Multiple, etc.). It’s painstakingly painful with the mouse choosing each one at a time!!! : 0

In Photoshop, it’s easy, you just press Shift + or Shift - to quickly cycle through. A life saver.

I can’t find the shortcut to do this within Premier. Mote: I know a scrolling mouse can help but I don’t use scrolling mouses.

If all fails, is there a way to CUSTOM PROGRAM this to work in some way, shape or form?

See snapshotsEffect Controls Blending Layers.pngPrefs Keyboard Shortcuts - Will This Do Anything___.png

Thanks!

Edward

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
20 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a keyboard shortcut to quickly cycle thru blending modes in Premiere CS6 WITHOUT a mouse on Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edward,
Sorry, but no. You can upvote that feature request here. Click the square in the upper left.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Kevin. I upvoted and shared my two cents as a very (VERY) upset and confused customer as to why in the world (universe) that this does not exist as a KBS which completely blows my mind on many levels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I don't think it needs a keyboard shortcut, the drop-downs don't work as normal. The same issue with selecting fonts. If you click on the blending (or font) it should display the list like it does, but if you scroll the list with down-arrow, it should change the blending modes - or if we close the list, we should remain in the drop-down and able to scroll the selection and see the preview. I don't understand why the drop-down does not retain focus so the list can be scrolled with arrow keys when closed.

I upvoted the one Kevin mentioned but there are several very similar topics. I tried to put some links in the comments so one of the threads can grow. I'm sure this is a feature everyone would like. But without one thread, it just looks like a few here and there have requested it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only blend modes you can set a kbsc is normal and difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

Inside the After Effects, If you select your Clip, and Hold on Shift + Minus or Plus key, It changes the Blend Mode, rather than doing it one by one manually. I noticed this Keyboard shortcut does not work with Premiere pro. Is there a shortcut for that. Can I create one ?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a keyboard shortcut available to change the blend mode to 'Difference' or 'Normal'. Otherwise, you can't use the keyboard to change to any other modes.

You can upvote this feature request here:

Mod note: dead link removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can scroll with the mouse through the blend modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ms Ann.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it in Photoshop and After Effects and I was wondering if it was possible to cycle through blending modes with a hotkey in Premiere. Short answer: no. The memory hole of feature requests isn't promising either 😞 

Also @Kevin-Monahan I'm starting to believe you're the only adobe employee they allow on the forums. You're doing a great job, it's just funny how often I see you responding with "sorry, make a feature request". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upvote where? there's nothing to see on that page about this request. Navigating through the blend modes in premiere has consistently been a source of frustration due to its lack of speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Ideas. Please upvote there, people!

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be a very good feature to have Inside Premiere Pro. It would be nice to be able to change Blend Modes either by Scroll Mouse or Up and Down arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said before you are able to scroll with the mouse. This feature has been around for many, many moons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd sure like to see Blending Modes change with up/down arrow keys, Fonts do work that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ms. Ann.

Thank you very much. I did not know. Hopefully, with the help of Mr.Kevin Monahan, we shall have this feature with Up and Down Arrow, or just like After Effects using Shift+, and Shift-. which is much easier than using the Middle Mouse Scroll.

Thank You Very Much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In FCP 1-7, I had the modes as keyboard shortcuts. I used my numeric keypad so I could not only cycle modes by 10 key touch, you could also compare modes back and forth, which I think has even better utility than cycling through all of them to find just two or three modes you want to consider. Cycling through modes I don't want to preview is not quite as nice, I think.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of the stupid way PP works with your mouse (and no way of fixing on a mac) there is constant overshoot of the controls INCLUDING the drop down menu when scrolling. I have to scroll 3 clicks for each value. This is still a bad comprimise of not just having a Kboard shorcut.. LIKE AFTER EFFECTS. Why is it that one program can do something so basic and the other can't? I am so done with this stupid, unintuitive and CLUNKY software... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've probably seen this, but you can change the scroll wheel properties in Mouse Properties (from the Control Panel) - Default is 3.

MyerPj_0-1700074403981.png

I have a 'macro' keyboard, so I have a shortcut for up and down arrow, so I hover my mouse over the drop-down, then use the keyboard to scroll up/down. But I'd of course prefer PP to do that like essentially all other drop-downs do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can't you find it for premier pro? i still want this feature. i can do it in after effect but not in pp!

Votes

Translate

Translate