Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Cycle Through Blending Modes | Effect Controls Panel | Seeking Adobe Premiere Keyboard Shortcut

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Is it possible to CYCLE THROUGH the Blending Modes in Effect Controls Panel within Adobe Premiere as a keyboard shortcut? I would like to easily cycle through the different options (Normal, Dissolve, Darken, Multiple, etc.). It’s painstakingly painful with the mouse choosing each one at a time!!! : 0

In Photoshop, it’s easy, you just press Shift + or Shift - to quickly cycle through. A life saver.

I can’t find the shortcut to do this within Premier. Mote: I know a scrolling mouse can help but I don’t use scrolling mouses.

If all fails, is there a way to CUSTOM PROGRAM this to work in some way, shape or form?

See snapshotsEffect Controls Blending Layers.pngPrefs Keyboard Shortcuts - Will This Do Anything___.png

Thanks!

Edward

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021
Hi Edward, Sorry, but no. You can upvote that feature request here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41802631-keyboard-shortcut-mappings-for-blend-modes Thanks, Kevin

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edward,
Sorry, but no. You can upvote that feature request here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41802631-keyboard-shortcut-...

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Kevin. I upvoted and shared my two cents as a very (VERY) upset and confused customer as to why in the world (universe) that this does not exist as a KBS which completely blows my mind on many levels. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I don't think it needs a keyboard shortcut, the drop-downs don't work as normal. The same issue with selecting fonts. If you click on the blending (or font) it should display the list like it does, but if you scroll the list with down-arrow, it should change the blending modes - or if we close the list, we should remain in the drop-down and able to scroll the selection and see the preview. I don't understand why the drop-down does not retain focus so the list can be scrolled with arrow keys when closed.

I upvoted the one Kevin mentioned but there are several very similar topics. I tried to put some links in the comments so one of the threads can grow. I'm sure this is a feature everyone would like. But without one thread, it just looks like a few here and there have requested it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only blend modes you can set a kbsc is normal and difference.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines