• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dampen highlights on leaves

Contributor ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note the leaves next to the flower and butterfly with bright highlights on them.  I have tried taking the highlights down generally.  I don't know how to specifically target these leaves so that they don't compete for attention with the flower and butterfly.  Any thoughts there please?

https://youtu.be/WZd2BuLogxs

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Hi, JohnnyAir,

I am sorry, but it appears your highlights are blown out, so you cannot control them. You can try exposing for highlights the next time you go out for a shoot. Try it and let us know if that works better. Blown out highlights is one of those problems that unfortunately cannot be fixed in post. That butterfly looks fantastic, by the way.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, JohnnyAir,

I am sorry, but it appears your highlights are blown out, so you cannot control them. You can try exposing for highlights the next time you go out for a shoot. Try it and let us know if that works better. Blown out highlights is one of those problems that unfortunately cannot be fixed in post. That butterfly looks fantastic, by the way.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kevin.  I shot that on a GoPro Hero 9.  The camera has the option of setting Color to GoPro Color or Flat.  I had it set to GoPro Color.  Maybe I should be using Flat.  I'll ask the question on the GoPro forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines