Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dealing with Mac & PC File Paths in local network collaboration

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are a small company working with PP projects on a local server. Our PCs call it "X:/" and our Macs call it "Volumes/blabla".

So when we close one project on one platform and open it up on the other platform we would have to relink EVERYTHING every single time we change platform. (Due to the different file paths...)

Is there any way we can tell Premiere to locate all the media and everything by itself? I mean so that PP understands that "X:/" and "Volumes/blabla" is the exact same thing and it doesn't need any help finding files?

I am so thankful for any help and I think it's kind of ridiculous that PP is not easily capable of interchanging projects between different OS in 2022.

Bye, Reimar

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reimar,

Sorry for this trouble. I am not sure if there is a way to do what you wish. See if this article contains a workaround that may help you shortcut this process of relinking on a different device.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone got a solution for that?

We are currently facing the same problem. 

There has to be a solution to really work cross platform ?! It's 2023! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines