• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debug event f:\mightysilt_win64\shared\adobe\mediacore\mediafoundation\api\inc\keyframe

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I just ran into this extremely annoying problem:

Premiere Pro CS6 cannot load my project anymore. It gives the following error message:

Premiere  Pro has encountered an error.

f:\mightysilt_win64\shared\adobe\mediacore\mediafoundation\api\inc\keyframe

ep.png

My autosave files all refuse to open giving another error
..\..\src\TickTime.cpp-364

When i press continue it says the project might be damaged or contain outdated elements.
I do not know what that means...

ep2.png

I do not know what i did last before the problem started, except for adding some layers (lightstreaks) rendering the file and then stopping that thinking "I'll do it later"

What a mistake. The projectfile didn't open anymore when i got home. All my autosaves now give similar errors.

I got warpstabilizer on some clips but would gladly give that up if there was a way to open these files. I cannot import them to a new project. Essentially the files refuse to open in any possible way.

You can find my latest projectfile here: jajageweetmaarnooit.prproj - Google Drive

I am desperate, this movie needs to be delivered tomorrow and i have to start all over.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Hi Jonas and all on this thread,

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 244 Replies 244
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the About box.

And please consult this thread: Re: Error opening project file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your quick response.
I have checked the post you gave me. I might try the solution of trying to change the time notation. But where in Windows settings do i do that?

Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the About box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

I have checked the post you gave me. Changing the notation of time in Windows doesn't seem to solve the problem
Opening the file in Premiere Pro CC doesn't work neither.

Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got exactlly the same problem. Once I start a new project Premier works as usual. After I close it, it never opens again giving me this error message. I tried both cs6 and cc. I even uninstalled the whole adobe master collection pack and then installed it again, and it didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Same Debug / Error boxes.

Can start a new project and everything works fine, until I try to re-open a save project.

Got this error-message on saturday morning, but could not get it fixed, so i started over.

Now when i try to open the new project today, I get the same error, and I'm not starting over again.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is premiere pro installed on the c: or any other drive?

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, on C:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yepp, installed on c: drive. Been running on this commuter for 2 years now without this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third party plug ins installed for premiere pro.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes, I still got two packs of plugins in trial mode.

Red Giant's: Color Suite, LUT Buddy and Misfire and a bunch Tiffen Dfx: Film Lab, HFX Diffusion, HFX Grads/Tints, Image, Lens, Light, Special Effects.

But I highly doubt that has to do anything with this situation. Last time I used them was maybe 6 months ago or earlier. I downloaded them from official website, installed trial version and used only once to replicate the process in the tutorial video. And I had no problem with premiere all this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For checking, try and remove the plug ins from c:program file: adobe: common: media core: 7.0

In case that doesn't work, try and create a new user account on the computer and try to check if you can launch the project from there or not.

Make sure the new user is an admin user.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the plug ins didn't help either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow me sometime, I am looking into it.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak for Nikolay, but I don't have any third party plug ins installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, we had the same problem this weekend. The video project of an important customer can no longer be opened.

Trying repair the file by myself was not successful. I found the service www.premiere-project-recovery.com. The service is not for free, but it works well.
Today I received the recovered file and I can open it without errors. Nothing got lost (except a lots of time).
But I can't understand how this can happen!!! I didn't do anything different as before. And it's not a harddisk error.

error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, same problem with different user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even tried to transfer my project to a different computer, but still the same problem.

From what I understand form my google-searches, this error might be related to 'Regional Settings' and Keyframes, where decimal separators "." got replased by "," on non-Eglish Windows systems.

I've tried the solution suggested on some adobe help-page:

Solution

• Run the following command using command prompt on your computer:
    perl -p -e "s/([-0-9]+?),([0-9]{12,24})/$1.$2/g" damaged.prproj >newfile.prproj

Replace damaged.prproj with the path of the prproj file that you are trying to open. For example, you are trying to open picnic.prproj saved to the Picnic folder of your computer's C drive. The path in this case is C:\Picinic\picnic.prproj.
    Replace newfile.prproj with the path where you want the new file created. For example, if you want to create the file in the same location, use C:\Picinic\picnic1.prproj.
    You rename the file to avoid conflict arising due to similar filenames in the same folder.Using the above example, the command is:
    perl -p -e "s/([-0-9]+?),([0-9]{12,24})/$1.$2/g" C:\Picnic\picnic.prproj >C:\Picnic\picnic1.prproj

And I've even tried uploading my file to this page, with no luck: http://www.vibait.com/software/premiere-fix-keyframe.h-142/

Some people are suggesting to open up the project file in a textedior to change the ',' and '.' manually. But I found this to time-consuming as I don't know which commas to keep and not.

Paying € 250 or more to "Recovery for Adobe Premiere Projects with Error" is not an option.

But as mentioned, I've already started this project over once, and would not like to do it again, only to run into the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I started over again with a new project, as I have a deadline and need to hand over a rough cut by the end of the week.

Did about 20 min on the new file before I tried a "save, quit and re-open test". And guess what. Same problem.

I guess I can't do any work untill someone helps me figure this thing out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same error but it only occurs if I try exporting a project from PremierePro via the media encoder. It's very weird, it was there before after some windows 7 update, but it was working after restoring the system to another point a doing the updates one after another with proper restarts of windows. But now it's there again and no system restoring helps.

It does not let me export the project to media encoder. The encoder opens up but stays empty.

I am using CS6 on a win7 system.

Screenshot 2014-09-30 16.26.11.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS:

okay, it does not export in anyway. Not straight in Premiere and also not in Media Encoder if I import a time line from Premiere. And it does not matter if I create a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our investigation of the project files provided by a couple of you has confirmed that the problem involves commas being used as the decimal separator for effect parameters. So that leaves us with two challenges to solve:

1. What happened within the past week that introduced this problem?
  2. What can be done to recover projects affected by this? [Note that correcting the condition that caused the problem will most likely not automatically fix affected projects.]

Before going any farther, I should point out that if you’re having this problem with projects that originated on another computer and you have no problem with projects created on your computer, then a setting on the other computer is almost certainly the cause. In that case, please provide the following information for the system on which the project originated rather than for your own computer.

Given that this issue started suddenly just a few days ago and the cause involves a Windows system setting, we suspect that a Windows update changed a system setting. To help us check this hypothesis, please provide a screenshot of the View Update History page of the Windows Update dialog and Control Panel>System.

The setting at fault is most likely the Decimal Symbol (Region and Language>Formats>Additional Settings>Numbers)

Win_DecimalSymbol.jpg

However, we cannot be absolutely certain at this point the the Decimal Symbol setting is responsible. So while we’re collecting information, it’s worth getting what we need to confirm this. So please go to Control Panel>Region and Language and report or provide the following:

1. On the Location tab, what is Current Location set to?
  2. On the Administrative tab, click Change System Locale and report the Current System Locale.
  3. Please provide a screenshot of the Formats tab.
  4. On the Formats tab, click Additional Settings and provide screenshots of all four tabs.

We suspect that the problem is limited to particular effect or particular types of keyframes and also possibly to certain workflows for setting keyframes. Therefore, please report:

• What effects are used in the project, specifically ones that you have keyframed?
  • How exactly do you do the keyframing?
    • In the Effect Controls panel [“ECP”] or in the Timeline?
    • Do you click and drag keyframes to adjust the setting or to move the point in time?
    • In the ECP, do you use the controls on the left side? If so, do you adjust them by typing a value or click-and-drag?
  • Do the projects that are affected contain any sequences imported from other apps, via FCP XML, AAF, or the like?

If the Decimal Symbol was set to “,” when you first encountered this problem—and if you have since changed that to “.”—have you encountered the same problem with any new projects?

As noted above, changing the Decimal Symbol setting is not likely to fix projects that were corrupted by this issue. We are studying what can be done to recover those projects.

Please send the screenshots and other requested information to me at mapes -at- adobe -dot- com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines