Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Default Save Location

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this thing happened to me out of nowhere and it's driving me crazy. Whenever I try manually saving my project file, the file ends up in the Auto-Save folder. I've tried moving this file back to the folder I've always had it in, but every time I manually save again, the file ends up in the Auto-Save folder once more.

I'm not a complete computer idiot. I've tried 'Save As' and saving the new file in the folder I want, and the same thing happens. I've tried closing the program and reopening it with a file that is clearly in the folder I want, and the file path the same as well. Even the project name at the top of the window pane will include the proper file path I want. When I go to manually save, it saves once again in the Auto-Save folder. I've checked project manager settings and made sure the file path is where I intend. Same issue.

Am I missing something here? I've already reset Premiere Pro and my PC a few times hoping it's a glitch, but nothing changes. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe try going to file/project settings and click the scratch disk tab. See if changing things there might help.

You've taken the steps that I would have taken up until now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines