• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default shortcuts not assigned

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to edit today in Premiere pro after I updated the program this week. But noticed none of the keyboard shortcuts are working. When I was checking to see if I have the right preset selected I noticed that none of the Default layout was assigned. Does anyone know what happened here and if there's a fix for it? 

I added a screen cap of what I see when selecting Keyboard shortcuts.

For extra info I am using EN_US keyboard language with a German keyboard as hardware but have not seen any issues with this before in other CC programs.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Perhaps search your C Drive for .kys and see what you can find 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

I asked it to remove the previous version and update my settings also. I understand the keyboard shortcuts were not copied over. However, the old/current keyboard files, (etc) are not erased when upgrading with or without removing the previous version.

As bas said, they will still be there as far as Adobe is concerned, here's my current folder mentioned. I still have the files from 2020, 2021 and now 2022, along with some testing stuff I did.

MyerPj_0-1635538760595.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\VERSION YOU HAD BEFORE\Profile-NAMEOFPROFILE\Win

copy the .kys to :

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\VERSION YOU HAVE NOW\Profile-NAMEOFPROFILE\Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So CC had remove pervious version and import previous settings and preferences ticked in the update settings so there's no folder of previous version. Older versions that are still in the disk dont have any .kys file on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you removed them, you removed them 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps search your C Drive for .kys and see what you can find 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did a search on all my drives new updated version did not have any kys files any more but an different file location not linked to CC still had them on the other drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked it to remove the previous version and update my settings also. I understand the keyboard shortcuts were not copied over. However, the old/current keyboard files, (etc) are not erased when upgrading with or without removing the previous version.

As bas said, they will still be there as far as Adobe is concerned, here's my current folder mentioned. I still have the files from 2020, 2021 and now 2022, along with some testing stuff I did.

MyerPj_0-1635538760595.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines