• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delayed response with playing media

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something has changed by either premiere or apple over the past 48 hours. Nothing on my end has changed. I have a massive project linked to a bunch of USB-3 drives. This is on an older rebuilt MacPro 5,1 running Mojave and Premiere 15.4.1. Now whenever I press the space bar to play a sequence there is a significant delay / lag of about 3 minutes. My configuration has not changed in anyway. Now suddenly it has beome incredibly painful to edit. Does anybody have any idea what would cause this or are there any others experiencing a similar plight? 

Just so we elimintate the obvious. I have been editing for over 30 years, so simple user errror is not the case. Not the drive speed, because I ran BM Disk Speed Test and it all checks out. I am so puzzled by this. 

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we assume that you have plenty of free disk space?

Try creating a new project and import the old project into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. All of the basics have been addressed. It's weird, now getting the KABOOM explosion in the middle of an edit and the sorry warning from Adobe. 

Did all of the usual stuff. Repaired permissions. Zapped p-ram. Cleared media cache. Dumped any drive that wasn't touching this project. Have been keepomg my activity monitor open to see what else is happening behind the scenes. I was even thinking it was my keyboard. Maybe my space bar was bad, so even swapped out the keyboard. 

Something changed. I know I am not crazy, so there has to be somebody else out there experiencing this. Didn't update OS or any apps. 

My next move may be to trash my preferences, but I hate doing that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 months later and I still have this problem. Am I the only one? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having same issue now... all of a sudden
Never had it before.

Constant lag/delay between pressing play/pause and it actually happening.

unforgivable BUG!

Motion Graphics, Video Creation, Graphic Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines