• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delays in responding to commands when playing a sequence

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the middle of a project and this problem is recurring. I would be very grateful for any help. When I play a sequence, Premiere stops responding to commands and only resumes some time later. This causes commands to be executed with a huge delay making work impossible. My system is a MacBook Pro 15" 2016 16GB Intel HD Graphics 530 and Radeon Pro 455 2GB connected to an external LG HDR 4K display.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there rogeriovelloso,

Nice to meet you and thanks for the note. Sorry you are having trouble.

When I play a sequence, Premiere stops responding to commands and only resumes sometime later. This causes commands to be executed with a huge delay making work impossible. 

I am sorry to hear that. Often, you may have trouble with the media being too "heavy" for your given computer. Let's take a look at your specs.

My system is a MacBook Pro 15" 2016 16GB Intel HD Graphics 530 and Radeon Pro 455 2GB connected to an external LG HDR 4K display.

I think I see the issue. Your MacBook Pro might not be powerful enough to handle the tasks of editing your footage, as well as, supporting an external display. It rather depends on your footage. I see also that your CPU is a 6th Generation "Skylake" 2.9 GHz Intel "Core i7" processor (6920HQ) which only meets minimum system requirements for the current version. Appar and only HD is supported in that configuration.

Which camera is your footage from?

A good quick fix is to simply render the timeline. Have you tried Sequence > Render In to Out?

If you are editing H.264, you might entertain the idea of using proxies or transcoding your footage to a more lightweight codec or offloading some of the processing in some other way relating to your workflow. An HD workflow is more lightweight than a 4K one, for example. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Kevin Monahan,

Thank you very much for the reply. I was already suspecting that I no longer have a system that can handle such powerful and complex programs and codecs. I followed your advice and redid the projects with proxies running in ProRes. It solved the workflow better (I normally created the proxies in H264 but, reading around, I saw that it is a format that requires decoding, an extra task). Another aspect that I noticed was an overheating and fans running straight and fast and this was impacting even other tasks. I reset the SMC and things went back to close to normal. As I create content for projection mapping and LED panels at concerts and other immersive experiences, I am stuck with certain pixel maps, which creates a risk of error in conversions. I can see that I have to work a lot to buy a new machine. And that's in an upside-down world. Thanks again for your kindness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines