• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference in fading in/out of audio in Premiere vs After Effects

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This is more of a question to try to understand why this is the case. I've noticed in the course of working on projects that the behavior of just doing a basic fade in or fade out on a piece of audio seems to work differently between After Effects and Premiere and I am not sure why, and if it is just due to a difference in how these two programs work or if it is something that I am doing wrong.

For example, if I have a piece of audio in Premiere and I want to fade out I can simply put a keyframe at 0db and a keyframe at max negative db a little bit later and every time it is always perfectly smooth on the fade out from full volume and sounds great. However if I do the same in After effects, putting a keyframe at 0db and a keyframe a little later at the maximum negative it is never smooth. the moment where it goes from being full volume to starting to fade out there is always a noticeable 'jolt' of sorts of it beginning to fade. Even trying to ease the keyframes which I don't need to do in Premiere it still has that initial noticeable moment of changing. It's not the biggest issue, I can just do it in Premiere if I have to, but it has just gotten me wondering if this just due to a difference in how audio is processed bewteen the two programs or if I am making some kind of error.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I would just do it in Premiere. Premiere is built a little better for audio in my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just use the method that works best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines