• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different colors after export

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, has anyone experienced this issue with diffrent colors after export. 

Original material video comes from iphone so it's *.mov. I learnt that it's not a good idea to change it to H.264 or anything because it changes not only colors but aspect ratio too. I'm making an instagram short video so I'm in 1080x1920.

I learnt that checking the 'Match sequence settings' in export settings makes source looking identically with output so I thought that was it and the video was going to look like in preview. But it wasn't.

Please see the pictures for comparison. The second screenshot shows the preview look and on the right side the VLC player output.

Do you have any idea what causes the difference in exported video? 

Many thanks in advance.

JanScreenshot 2022-02-20 at 13.37.01.pngScreenshot 2022-02-20 at 14.26.33.png

TOPICS
Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan,

Have you tried importing the exported video in Premiere Pro & checked if it's looking correct? Also, is your video shot in HLG/HDR mode?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

I tried to import the exported video back to the premiere and it's the same result. Project looks great on preview but in vlc its' different again.

I don't know what you mean with HLG/HDR mode. I shot just by using an iphone camera in default settings HEVC, 29,97fps.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicktime, YouTube and Premiere Pro will all display the video a tad bit different. You can use an adjustment layer or a LUT at export. The video link below might be helpful. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7EGNJop_HE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann!!,

Even if things are setup 100% correct in Adobe Premiere Pro for color space (REC 709 or REC 2020 among other settings) the rendered image can sill look a tad bit different when viewed on YouTube, OBS, Quicktime etc. Using a LUT at export can compensate for that. Adobe used to have a LUT for Mac users at export but I would rather slap on an adjustment layer just before render time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines