• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different Video Files Interpreted as Same File

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been shooting on a c300, which splits video files into two when the file exceeds 4gb.  When I import those split files Premiere interprets those two as the same video.  I've found a long work around involving competely relocating and re-importing the files on a new project, but this is extremely inconvenient.  I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before and have found a better solution. 

TOPICS
Editing , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new problem for me, I've never encountered this before.  I also thought it might be useful to note that I can tell when this problem will occur during import when Premiere does not generate a new peak file for a new video.  Again, any help would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you copying the entire contents of the card to the computer before importing into Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

use Premiere's media browser to maintain file structure while importing, and enable Write XMP ID to files on import. This essentially writes a serial number to each video or audio file on import. To my understanding this helps Premiere prevent the import of duplicate media, but it can also bloat your project files, so I'd test it in your workflow if it meets your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines