• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Auto-LUT on Import of AMIRA log footage

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really do not like that Premiere automatically applies a LUT when I import footage shot on AMIRA log. It makes for HUGE project files and long long saves, and really messes with my workflow.

I am aware that I can batch diable the master clips, and that there's a workaround to remove the master effects by applying a lumetri color preset to ALL of my clips. But both of these are extra steps, which shouldn't be necessary - BECAUSE I NEVER ASKED FOR A LUT TO BE APPLIED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

I NEED a way to automatically disable the automatic application of the LUT to every single clip.

Adobe, please stop forcing things on us (open multiple projects at once, anyone?). As a professional, I KNOW when I want a LUT applied, and definitely do not want my NLE making decisions for me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows you a workaround to disable the lut:
Amira LUTs and project bloat — The Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I mentioned in my post that I've seen that.

I want a way to disable the auto lut application altogether. Is it possible yet?

I've also filed a feature request... but I just find it hard to believe this feature was implemented so poorly and isn't fixed yet. I used to have faith in Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will do nothing...drop expectations of reasonableness...they don't care

p.s. the solution listed does nothing for the Sony LUT on mxf files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I just re-linked the Sony .mxf LOG files and Premiere applies an auto LUT. Has anyone figured out a work around? It's a little annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all the clips in the project panel > Right click > Interperet footage > Under color management change input LUT to 'None' and that should fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! You life saver. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out...

1) Import all your .mxf files into project.

2) Select all .mxf files in the folder > Right click

3) Select <SOURCE SETTINGS> Change drop down menu <COLOR SPACE>

4) Select Color Space desired from camera Source Settings.

5) Click <OKAY>

Voíla!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any idea why my Source Settings option might be greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have multi-cammed the sequence it won't work.  You can only do it to individual clips.  if you have done a SELECT ALL and it doesn't work, you may have a sequence or multi-clip that is preventing it.  Find that sequence, deselect it, and try again.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. While trying to learn how this works, I selected an individual clip and was able to access the Source Settings and change color space. Then, when I tried it with any other (individual) clips (same format as first file), Source Settings was greyed out. Not sure what I did differently the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose all Video Files in a Bin - Right click - Modify - Interpret - Color Management - Input LUT (None) - OK. Save and recheck the project. Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the solution for me! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow I don't have the option once I click interpret footage, to adjust color management. Thoughts on that??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of PrPro do you have?

Number-dot-number. Current shipping build is 15.4.1.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at 15.1.0 build 48

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not be in that version. It's a very new change in their system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight clips, right click - modify - interpret footage - remove LUT. It doesn't always let you do all of them at once so try doing them in smaller quantities if you have an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets worse if you try and make Proxies. I can't find any way to turn off the LUT when it makes them. Have tried making preset, NO it still burns a LUT in...and the most awful one you've ever seen, making the best workflow no longer work. I'm so annoyed, why make something in a program stop working by adding something no one wants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure the problem you're hitting with proxies isn't any mysterious LUT, it's Premiere's new color system for the 2022 version. It isn't quite handling color space on proxies for a number of log-encoded and HDR-form clips yet.

Even if you use the new color management features to tell Premiere to handle the original media in Rec.709, the proxies it makes are HLG. And appear totally "blown out" on a normal sequence.

They have a potential solution for the proxies from log/HDR media in the public beta version. You can install the public beta alongside 'shipping', and open a project in the beta, close, open it in the shipping without problems.

So it might be possible you could open in public beta, get usable proxies made, then go back to working in the shipping version.

Test, of course.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even make proxies in Media Encoder without the LUT being added.  That was my workaround.  And clicking 'interpret footage' in ME doesn't give you the 'disable LUT'.  Hours wasted on trying to figure out this $hite. Thanks Adobe.   Fix now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I doubt there's any mysterious LUT. It's the new color management system ... so you need to check that to solve your problem.

Check the clip in the project panel bin ... right-click, Properties. If it's showing as HLG or some other HDR form, than you need to go to Modify/Interpret Footage and set the Override to Rec.709.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil.  The problem is this:

• You can turn off the override on the main file

• You cannot turn off the override on the proxy files - the color adjustment will be included.

I've attached a screenshot of the properties screen and you can see that it's marked 'off' even though it is selected.  This is a Premiere error that calls for an Adobe fix.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks.  And feel free to make a proxy file from an mxf and see if you have better luck than me! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rereading the earlier posts, I see now that you are aware of that issue of proxies having the color correction applied.  Okay, now just waiting on Adobe.  This should really be a simple fix.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines