• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display Surface Initilisation Failed

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. My premiere pro won't open anymore. Everytime I start up the program it gives me this error saying - "Display Surface Initilisation Failed" and then exits the program. My iMac and premiere pro are all up to date and I can't seem to sort this issue out. Please help someone.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Sure thing Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 19.14.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of this error? Not sure if this is a Premiere error or a system error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 19.14.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other users have fixed this error simply by rebooting the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this multiple times. Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such luck. I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times. It has been going on for weeks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can't be the fix.  It just can't.  I go a step further by unplugging my second monitor.  Launch again and see if that does it.  It doesn't.  Then I reboot after that.  Then it fires right up.  Then I plug my monitor back in and drag Premiere back over to that workspace.  You know you keep upgrading to get rid of errors and BAM, they got you again and you are down for 10-15 minutes diagnosing.  I am on version 22.5 because I don't want to lose projects.  And I like the title tools.  But again, just a few days ago, this wasn't even a problem.  My monitor is an LG 32UN880-B 32" UltraFine Display.  It is not glossy like the Apple Monitor, but I like it.  But could this be because of that monitor?   Well, not if it happens when I launch it and it is unplugged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same issue is happening to me after updating to v22.4. There has to be a better solution than rebooting the entire system each time. And this is after v22.2 had a similar issue where it would hang up mid-launch because of a faulty plugin that couldn't be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Probleme here Since a wekk or so 😞 Running 22.5 on Win 10. 

Only thing that helps is "killing" the CCXProcess an then it will Start. Very anoying. Every time I close Premiere 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone know the Mac-related process of "CCXProcess"?  I would be extremely curious if this is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Community First thread deletet after 20 Minutes? Whats wrong with writing that I have the same Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same with me even i reinstall software but it appears 2nd time again, and my after-effect is also not opening but not showing same pop up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 question is "in which version are you facing this error"?

I am in CC2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this one today as well.

Premiere is for me a pain for years now. Only worked after a fresh restart, but now this new mysterious error.

None of my other apps suffer from this instability.Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 08.46.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need 2 try after a reboot to Start and only wenn I user the OPEN Command in Cloud APP.

No chance over Adobe Premiere Icon or doubleClick directly on a Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And after restart, Premiere came up with a New project screen, but crashed while creating it.

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 08.55.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can get to the welcome screen, try this:

1. Launch Pr from a shortcut (Dock, Launchpad, Desktop) while holding down the Shift+Opt keys.  Opt resets prefs and Shift clears plugin cache.
  2. Keep the keys pressed until the main program window appears.
  3. Before trying to open any project or starting a new one, go to Preferences>Media Cache and delete *all* your media cache files.
  4. Now try opening a project or starting a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give it an try don`t think it will help against hc_245.jpg

Maybe I re-install is this only Option....and when I see the date of this thread I lose every hope that somebody is looking into the Problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the same after Reboot:

1. First Time Starting Error Message
  2. Second Time Starting Project Loading without Cuda Support (Software Only)
  3. Third Time Starting Adobe works fine

I will re-install Premiere on Friday an see if this helps. No Problems with any othe Cloud Software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My steps for clearing the media cache were to help with the crash when creating a new project; they won't help with the display initializaton error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for a paid program, we rely on a community rather than a 'contact us' button for this error?  Are there any Adobe staff answering these posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the user to user forum. Go here and scroll to the bottom if you want to speak with Adobe Employees.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 8.30.56 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I waiting for the next Pacth (hopefully comming soon) and then I have no choice to tell our Tek Guys to call for Real help from real people. 

But if this is only user <-> user and they don`t even scan the problems then the forum is worthless (sorry my 5cent). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I will be waiting a lil to see wghat the Comminity got.

Also if you tried to help line let me know what the results were

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines