• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distored Video on SDI Monitor/ Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini / HP Laptops

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, been having trouble with some new HP laptops running Premiere (2021 v15.4) , through a BlackMagic UltraStudio HD Mini, into an SDI monitor. Standard h.264, .MXF videos. Both models are having the same issue (on about 4 different laptops deployed now). Tried different drivers, as "certified" by HP Performance Advisor, reinstalling. The issue itself appears very inconsistently, has been a struggle just trying to reproduce it on the same systems/projects. 

Video will either stay black on Prem and the monitor frozen on a fram while playing sound, or play distorted video (white lines, bad color) with a weird beeping sound. I was only able to reproduce something similar one time, by downloading a video off Latakoo with MPEG-PS encoding. After trying to play that video, the playback would go black and further videos would also have issues or not play. But, that one gave an actual error message (something about frame recursion) while the original issue has no error messages. Even that only occurred a few times, then the video started working fine.

Any thoughts on how to go about diagnosing/fixing or even identifying this issue would be greatly appreciated!  

Two models of Laptop:

HP Fury G8 

i7-11850H; Nvidia T1200; 32GB ram; ~1TB m.2 storage - Nvidia drivers: 472.98, 511.72

HP Firefly G7; 

i7-10610U ; Nvidia P520 ; 16GB RAM; ~1TB m.2; Nvidia drivers 460.89, 462.31, 472.98, 511.72

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?