• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document specifying that an edited video (face blur) cannot be reverted without the source file

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share a document specifying that an edited video (face blur) cannot be reverted without the source file?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Performance , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

It sounds like you're requesting a document for legal purposes(?), which would be beyond the scope of the support we can offer here...

I can confirm that a blurred face in rendered media, cannot be un-blurred, without access to the (un-blurred) source media.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

It's not possible for us to provide you with legal guidance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're requesting a document for legal purposes(?), which would be beyond the scope of the support we can offer here...

I can confirm that a blurred face in rendered media, cannot be un-blurred, without access to the (un-blurred) source media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with how to respond to this.  I don't know the intent of the person asking, so after considering a response.  I will say that technology was created in Germany as early as 2006 that can undo certain kinds of attempts to hide a face, and its exceptionally good software.

I would suggest if you're in a position that there is legal jeopardy attached to how to respond to those asking you this you may want to consider better research than asking in this forum.

Bruces response should be understand as Adobe doesn't make a tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let me know where to get such a legal document specifying that a blurred video cannot be un-blurred without the source file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not possible for us to provide you with legal guidance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines