• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does an Adobe Audio Engineer know which .mov Flags are missing from this ProRes Implementation?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In File 1 only the first track of audio plays.

In File 2 (an ProRes export from PP), all audio tracks play correctly.

There are likely some .mov container flags missing from File 1 that are preventing PP from parsing the audio tracks correctly.

Could an Adobe Audio Engineer, take a look at the files and let me know which flags are missing so they can be included.

Version: Premiere Pro 23.1, Windows 10 Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 (issue persists in every version

FILE1OBS Mac Hardware Encoded ProRes File (only 1st audio track plays)

------NOTE1: if all audio tracks initially play, click away from Premiere Pro to lose it's Windows focus and leave PP for 30s and only the first audio track will play.

------NOTE2: File recorded using OBS on Mac using Apples Hardware ProRes recorder. 

------NOTE3: PP testing done on Windows and Mac

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xke6wis4l7r2ht5/OBS%20Mac%20Hardware%20ProRes%20with%20Missing%20Flags%20%...

FILE 2: PP 23.1 ProRes Export (works correctly, all audio tracks play):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ho0qvj2whq0myb6/PP%2023.1%20ProRes%20Export%20%28works%20correctly%29.mov?...

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In File 1 only the first track of audio plays.

By @frankiej123

First Premiere Pro failed to playback the second audio channel in the downloaded file here as well, but once i renamed the file and skipped the ( and ) it worked. Try to use only A-Z and 0-9 when you name file and skip ( ) # ! etc, etc.

I noticed that the audio is compressed. In ProRes Premiere Pro expects uncompressed audio. Worth checking as well.

Oddly enough when i tried to re-import OBS Mac Hardware ProRes with Missing Flags (only first audio track plays).mov again this file worked though it has ( ) in the file name. I closed Premiere Pro and deleted Media Cache and Media Cache Database to simulate a fresh start but it still worked, even when i deleted the Preferences...

Averdahl_0-1673526272591.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the file is definitely not a fix, maybe you didn't lose focus or wait long enough for PP to attempt to parse it and fail, (sometimes takes over 1min depending on type of activity in and out of PP, usually 30s): 

Here for example it is renamed but broke so fast it didn't even detect audio on 2nd track on import to generate a waveform.

2023-01-12_17-29-16.png

There are definitely flags missing in the .mov container, but which are necessary to be added we are not sure, and need an Adobe Audio Engineers input.

OBS Issue thread is here: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues/8033

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...maybe you didn't lose focus or wait long enough for PP to attempt to parse it and fail, (sometimes takes over 1min depending on type of activity in and out of PP, usually 30s)

By @frankiej123

Here the audio and waveform were instantaneous. (Windows 11)

If you want any input from Adobe, this is the wrong place to be for you. This is a user-to-user forum, Contact support and ask for the video queue.

Since Premiere Pro support ProRes files i would contact OBS as well since their software creates the files you have.

Averdahl_0-1673545508940.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines