• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does an external handheld microphone affect audio rendering in Premiere Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am recording short promo vids for an event and I have just started using a handheld microphone attached to my camera by cable into the microphone jack for interviews. The audio plays with the video fine in Premiere pro itself and both the audio channels I have checked are stereo. However, when I export the video, only the Adobe stock backing track music is playing in the background and there's no dialogue, but only on some devices. For example, on my device both the dialogue recorded on the handheld microphone works along with the backing track but only the backing track plays on my boss' computer, unless he has headphones plugged in. I've tried the video on multiple different devices and people and it seems entirely random as to whether the dialogue audio will play or not. Audio filmed on the camera's internal mic, i.e not the handheld mic works fine but I'm wondering if this is a new issue because of the new media input channel? 

Hope this makes sense! 

TOPICS
Audio , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

I expect you used a wrongly wired cable to connect your mic to the camera. Using the fill left with right audio effect on the faulty clips or tracks should fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

For example, on my device both the dialogue recorded on the handheld microphone works along with the backing track but only the backing track plays on my boss' computer, unless he has headphones plugged in.

By @DaisyEdwards21

As Richard points out the cable is porbably wired wrong making the audio to be out of phase. For now it can be solved by using Fill Left/Right or using Adobe Audition to correct the phase but you must fix the issue with the mic/cable/audio device so it works without wor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect you used a wrongly wired cable to connect your mic to the camera. Using the fill left with right audio effect on the faulty clips or tracks should fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, on my device both the dialogue recorded on the handheld microphone works along with the backing track but only the backing track plays on my boss' computer, unless he has headphones plugged in.

By @DaisyEdwards21

As Richard points out the cable is porbably wired wrong making the audio to be out of phase. For now it can be solved by using Fill Left/Right or using Adobe Audition to correct the phase but you must fix the issue with the mic/cable/audio device so it works without workarounds.

An example of out of phase audio: Audio Phase: Why You Need To Pay Attention To This

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for flagging this, very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines