• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone have any intel regarding the PP, AE, and AME 22.6.4 recent updates (about 4 days ago)?

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These just popped up. What do they do? What are they for? There is no online info whatsoever. There's no CC cloud info with the updates.

22.6.4 updates.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely some security update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann says. Because they never do function changes in previous versions, only OS related things for security and/or basic functionality within the OS.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had someone ask me about the phrase "important fixes", assuming that means they must have done something to the functionality of the update.

Not. At. All.

That's Adobe boilerplate. EVERY update, even a simple patch to fix one major annoying issue, will have the phrase that it also has "important fixes" ... I've never seen an Adobe update that doesn't.

So ... naw, they aren't doing one flipping thing with functional code in older releases. Just security patches/fixes. Which are needed due to changing situations out in the world all the time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I get that. It's not news. But the 22.6.4 update has already broken 22 for a member of the group I'm an Admin for (APPE) who unfortunately had auto-update on.  So I want to know what speciducally it addresses. I'm good at speculating myself. I was looking for actual knowledge. Plus, although not unprecedented, it's not that often that an update for the preceding versioning comes after a major update to a new version. Which leads me to believe its a security patch but thats just speculation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines