• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Does anyone understand how the Transform Effect anchor works?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike the standard Motion effect anchor which you simply move to where you want it, moving the Transform effect anchor is FAR less straightforward.  Moving it also moves the whole clip around the screen.

You then have to change the Position coordinates to try to recentre the clip ....which then also affects the position of the anchor!

So you change the anchor, then the position, then the anchor then the position etc etc.. and then if you're lucky you end up with the anchor more or less where you wanted and the clip back where it was.

Surely I'm doing this wrong!?  I don't understand it's behaviour.  Can anyone enlighten me?  

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Pan behind tool (or what ever it's called in Premiere) was added to Motion not so long ago.

However, it is only active in the Motion tab, which is a fix effect.

Transform effect does no respond to this pan behind tool.

In the transform effect, anchor point and position need to be the same (for starters).

I would use the anchor position from Motion (then back to default) and copy it over to the Transform effect.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In most any effect with an Anchor position in Premiere ... you really need to set the Anchor position before doing anything else. Any change to the anchor position after you apply any other position change means you end up essentially chasing your tail.

That's one problem with working with anchors. I only use them when absolutely no other control will work.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines