• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 10??

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 10??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Yes, it's included in our system requirements documentation now: System requirements | Adobe Premiere Pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 135 Replies 135
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currrently there seem to be more issues on the Mac side than with PC's. Which, as a PC user, is still an unusual feeling as "we" used to be the left-out ones. Many issues, not seemingly a lot of knowledgeable PC support, that sort of thing. Now, most of the teams (and I've met some of them at the last couple NAB's ... which is where I'm at right now) work both PC and Mac systems forth and back daily.

Cost wise, to build a powerful editing machine is perhaps half the cost in PC than Mac, not surprising as it's more open competition. Fewer major issues ... half the cost ... hmmm ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make Adobe Premiere 2.0 work in Windows 10 x64 you have to install it a directory other than Program Files (x86). Install it for example in c:/Adobe/Premiere or something like this. It makes it work perfectly then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use CC to install which installs in program files automatically. How do I change that default location? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 for me was an update install from Windows 7.

A November Windows 10 update takes Windows 10 into version 1511.

Windows 10 November update gets delayed one month from original Windows 10 free update, to give user time to revert back to original Windows version.

Windows 10 version 1511 is a 3 GB size update.

I am not knowing what a fresh install of Windows 10 is, I only did the free update from Windows 7.

I am now in Windows 10 version 1511

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey bisa, I have a Haswell-E at 3.3GHZ, 16GB Crucial balistica DDR4 ram, an Asus 1060 Dual 3GB, all on a Fatal1ty x99x mobo running win 10, and CC2015 does nothing but crash, over and over and over again anytime I try and render anything in 4K, so how are you going to tell me my system is a "bad system" or "below standard"???  Oh BTW my 2008 built system, a core 2 quad with only 8gbs of PNY DDR 3, and a 750ti with 512 ram is trucking through the 4K encode like a champ running win 7.  Kind of throws a wrench in your "bad system"/"below standard" argument when a 9 year old system well below current standard specs walks through a one and a half year old system that exceeds standards and the norm, minus the ram and lack of SS HD which the 9year old system doesn't have either.  So please tell me exactly why you think you know CC2015 works "flawlessly" on win 10?  Oh, I'm running CC2015 on both systems...

Now neanderthal bashing aside, I tested renders up to 1080p on the 2015 system, and didn't have any problems, however I can't be satisfied with a resolution standard that's about to be washed out.  Does anyone at Adobe have a REAL answer as to why win10 and 4K encodes result in BSODs for "Uncorrectable error" or "Clock watchdog timeout"?  I've tried h264 and h265, even tried rendering the projects in Adobe Media Encoder which yielded ONE and only one successful encode of a 22 second video at 4K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something on ​your​ computer that isn't working properly, whether a bad file someplace that PrPro uses and you haven't caught, a driver issue, something ... causing an issue. The vast majority of Win 10 rigs don't do this problem. Mine handled 4k encodes with all of the 2015 releases without issue. As did so many others.

It might be a pita finding it, but that would be what's necessary to get your rig running right with 2015.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive got a buddy bring his win10 rig over this weekend to try some things so hopefully you're right Neil.  Id like to think its something simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do I!

Sometimes it is, and often times it's some stupidly simple thing but can be blame hard to find. There's been a couple people for whom the 'solution' to their problem was to delete a dll file that somehow affected how one of their hardware bits worked (but apparently only caused an issue during PrPro) ... and then everything was fine.

That kind of thing takes a heck of a database of knowledge, which most users don't have. I sure wouldn't have a clue!

Another thing to note ... Kevin-Monahan​ is the Product Support Manager for the Adobe DVA's ... the video post apps. He's in charge of these forums among other things, and besides being a LONG time editor in his own right (and a teacher of FCP back through like 3/4 era) he's a heck of a good guy.

He always suggests that anyone with video app issues going into the Adobe help system either phone or chat, as soon as you get a "live" person on the other end, immediately ask for the Video Queue.

Betcha didn't know there is one, eh? I sure didn't. It gets you out of the generalized 'help staff' into the ones with at least some video app knowledge, and maybe a better data-set of possible problems & fixes to work from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help... I've been trying to install Adobe Pr on my Windows 10 computer for video editing but it kept asking me to update my windows 10. Even after I did the updates it still won't install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 running windows 11. Just tryna make sure it'll run before i purchase Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines