Does this exist: preview a sequence timeline without opening the project?

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to preview the physical timeline/structure of a sequence inside a project without actually opening the Premiere project? -and/or while inside a different project?

For example: I make tutorial videos for work and I created a Premiere project template that has the folders and settings preset for consistency. The videos aren't always exactly the same visually, but they do use some of the same elements—like, an iPhone mockup and a screen recording showing how to use an app. So, my issue is, sometimes I forget whether I built all or part of an element in After Effects, or if I built it all in Premiere. Sometimes I just need to see how I structured the timeline and then I'll know whether or not I should start in AE or Premiere. And I'd like to know if that ability already exists, to just see a snapshot of the physical timeline without opening up the entire project.

I know that I could just be better about keeping notes about my projects or labeling my AE projects more descriptively for easy callback and future reference. But the reality is that I don't do that. And I know that I'm just a double-click away from opening the project right now and figuring out whether I built this iPhone mockup graphic in AE or PP. But I don't want to have to close out my current project and then reopen it again. I'd rather waste time posting this question here. Thanks. 

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer:  No.

Longer answer:

You can post a feature request here, where the Adobe engineers read all threads:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. But I don't want to have to close out my current project and then reopen it again. 

By @madkatworks

You can open more than one project at a time.

Just pay attention which project and timeline you are working in.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/using/multiple-open-projects.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to what @Peru Bob mentioned about being able to open multiple Premiere Pro project files in Premiere Pro at a time, we can import multiple After Effects projects into a new After Effects project.  On the Premiere Pro side, you would close the other projects once you find the one you're looking for.  On the After Effects side, you'd want to close the current project without saving after locating the one that you were looking for and then open that one directly. 

And yes, a good naming convention is extremely helpful.

- Warren 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines