Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dowload English Language Pack for Transcriptions without Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

With Premiere 22.2, you have the ability to create "Speech To Text" using downloadable Language Packs of which English is included with the software. At the company I work for, the Licensing scheme is different than for a Personal User. I am currently testing Premiere 2022 for them and the Laguage Packs are not installed. Not even English. This makes "Text To Speech" useless.

Apparently, being able to download the packs means allowing the users the ability to download updates and pretty much install anything they want which would create havoc throughout the company. So much for the "Honor System" but, I get it.

The only way we would be able to use "Text To Speech" is if the company were able to download the Language Packs individually (outside of Premiere) and be able to install them locally at each seat.

Is there some way to do this? My company has reached out to Adobe and the vendor they purchased from, but so far no joy. No one seems to understand the question and so no help has been provided. I believe they think we are inquiring about installing a language for the OS.

Any contacts you can provide or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob K.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Hi Rob,

the tool to create these installation packages should now also offer an option to include these language packs. This is not checked by default as it adds significantly to the total installer size. It is available on the last step of the package creation wizard as seen here:

AlexanderRiss_0-1649415290242.png

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the issue, but don't know the solution. There has to be one, right, Alexander?

@Alexander Riss 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan,

Thank you for replying and hopefully getting Alexander involved. I do understand that this is probably more of an "Enterprise" than a personal user question as this works perfectly for me at home. It's just that my employer seems to have reached a dead end as nobody has come forward with an answer.

Apparently, they download a "package" that is then installed on each system. The ability to download languages for Text to Speech is not working or is intentionally disabled. Not sure.

Thanks again, Stan.

Rob K. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

the tool to create these installation packages should now also offer an option to include these language packs. This is not checked by default as it adds significantly to the total installer size. It is available on the last step of the package creation wizard as seen here:

AlexanderRiss_0-1649415290242.png

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexander,

Thanks as always for jumping in.

Does that make it an all or none? Include all language packs or none? Is there is an option to add individual languages after the fact?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an all or none option - as no changes can be performed by a user after the installation is completed. This is mainly targeted at enterprise setups, where many workstations are provisioned with the exact same software packages, and limiting the possible variations of installed software makes it easier to maintain.

--

Best regards,

Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning and Thank you Alexander and Stan for your help. I will pass the info along, but I have to say, being able to install languages as needed would be most helpful.

I will let you know what they find. 

Thanks again, 

Rob K. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

The support folks at my job were able to install the languages! They would have preferred English only due to the file size, but Speech To Text now works. 

Thank you again, 

Rob K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to read that your issue was resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be a GREAT option to choose which Languages to include rather than an ALL OR NOTHING option. Especially at the bloated filesize needed to download the additional 8gb making it MORE than 3x the download as without. I understand some people can't seem to grip the reality that not everyone everwhere has 100% of the fastest internet and unlimited storage space. Many of us have to deal with the day to day reality that this is not so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines