• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag & drop is not working to move an audio clip to a different audio track

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly an icon is showing next to my cursor that looks like a circle with a line through the middle when I try dragging an audio clip down to a different audio track. I can't figure this out and would really appreciate some help. 

Is there some kind of limitation that could be preventing this action for long audio files that are more than 24 hours in length because this file is almost 30 hours long? I was wondering if the 30 hr length is somehow causing the problem because I opened up a different audio file that is only 10 hours long and I am able to cut a portion of the audio and move it to a different track by dragging & dropping it just like normal (meaning the below cursor icon does not appear).

Any ideas??

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 11.28.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-04 at 11.31.12 AM.png

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline does not go beyond 24 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As the 2nd screenshot shows, the timecode reset after 24 hours to start at 00;00;00;00 again but it still lets me import the entire audio file. 

Are you saying that because I have more than 24 hours of audio, I can't cut and move a portion of the audio to a different track anymore? If that's want's causing the problem then that seems like a weird bug to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 1st screenshot shows the cursor icon that I'm seeing when I try to drag & drop the audio to a different track. 

The 2nd screenshot just shows the length of the audio file. I guess after a file exceeds 24 hours, the timeline just resets to 00;00;00;00 ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines