Drag and Drop

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just getting started with Premier Pro today and going thru the tutorials.  One of the first exercises is is dragging and dropping a transition from the effects panel between 2 video clips.  I have a Macbook Pro (M1) with a track pad and it will not allow me to drag and drop.  When I attemp I only get an error indicated by a 0 with a / thru it.  Is it a track pad problem?  Are track pads not compatible with Premier Pro?  Any suggestions?  Thx for your help.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some transitions require 'handles' to apply ... meaning you have to have areas of both clips that you've 'cut' that are then used for the transition.

So you would need to say cut 15 frames from the end of the first clip, and 15 frames into the second clip. When those two are joined, a 15-frame transition will work.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to drag the transition all the way onto the cut.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try but didn’t work. Thx for your response.

Ron Scheuering

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post a screenshot or video of your sequence?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines