• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging Media From Windows Explorer to Timeline Causes NVIDIA Driver Crash

Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Ever since upgrading to a 3080 Ti graphics card, I've been getting this issue maybe one out of every fifteen or twenty times I drag something from an external app like windows explorer or Chrome, into Premiere, either the project panel or the timeline. The computer will freeze, then both screens go black, and then both screens come back on, but video output is black in Premiere. I have to restart Premiere to fix it. And when I check the event viewer, I always get the same error:

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

This only happens in Premiere and has happened in every version since July. I upgraded to Windows 11 and it still happens. I switched to Studio drivers and it happens. I just updated my NVIDIA drivers a couple days ago to 472.39 and it just happened again.

2x 4K monitors, 1 @60Hz, 1 @120Hz

AMD Ryzen 3900X

32GB RAM

EVGA XC3 Ultra Geforce 3080 Ti

Windows 11 HOME 21H2 Build 22000.282

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Sorry about that. Sounds like foler permissions are corrupt. Can you try the following? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Daniel, did you ever find a fix? I'm having the same issue and the folders permission fix did nothing (no permissions were denied)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I actually just reinstalled Windows and the problem happened again. When I clicked onto the "settings" app in the taskbar, black, then the same error in Event Viewer. All the newest drivers clean installed on a new installation of Windows 11. Here are all the programs I installed (*=running in bg during error, **=open program during error):

Chrome**

Clipgrab

Creative Cloud*

Discord

Dropbox*

EVGA Precision X1

Final Draft

Handbrake

Hue Sync Installer

MSI Afterburner

.net SDK

plex*

scummVM

slack**

Steam*

OBS Streamlabs

VLC

WinDirStat

I used the regular game ready nvidia drivers to see if that would help, but it didn't. I installed Realtek Audio drivers, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 drivers, AMD Chipset Drivers, turned on AMD Ryzen High Performance power plan (just switched it to AMD Ryzen Balanced to see if that helps), TUF Gaming ASUS 4022 BIOS, Intel Bluetooth, Realtek Lan, Intel Wifi. 

Any known issues with any of these things? It's literally everything I have on the computer right now. I also tweaked brightness and contrast settings in GeForce control panel. I have two monitors, a 120Hz Monitor and a 60Hz monitor, both 4K.

I will reiterate that the only difference is the graphics card between when I wasn't getting this error and now, I was using all these programs. And this is an RMA replacement card, they both did the same thing. Maybe I'm extremely unlucky and got two malfunctioning cards in a row? Like I said, I didn't get this problem at all with my founders edition 1070. But with this EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080 Ti, this happens a lot.

Screenshot 2022-02-26 231046.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines