• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging Media From Windows Explorer to Timeline Causes NVIDIA Driver Crash

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since upgrading to a 3080 graphics card, I've been getting this issue maybe one out of every fifteen or twenty times I drag something from an external app like windows explorer, into Premiere, either the project panel or the timeline. The computer will freeze, then both screens go black, and then both screens come back on, but video output is black in Premiere. I have to restart Premiere to fix it. And when I check the event viewer, I always get the same error:

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Sometimes, it crashes my entire PC, and most times it results in the loss of editing work.

This only happens in Premiere and has happened in every version. I switched to Studio drivers and it happens. I've done clean DDU installations of Nvidia drivers and it still happens. I've been editing in Premiere for 7 years and this just started happening. 

2 144hz monitors, one 1440p and one 1080p

AMD Ryzen 5800X

32GB RAM @ 3200

Gigabyte 3080 10gb 

Windows 10 Pro Build 19043.1526

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the import function or the Media browser instead of dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My workflow involved constantly downloading new files from the internet and importing them for quick use in the source window -- I feel like this would slow down my workflow. I also find the media browser a bit inconvenient and limited - any advice here? Is there a way to automatically add new clips I download to a folder to my project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines