• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging sequence to timeline from Project Panel not respecting in out points I have set. What's up?

Participant ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I've not used PP for anything complicated in a while, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly since I edited my last documentary in 2019.

If I set in and out points in the timeline inside a sequence, and then drag that sequence from the Project panel and into another sequence, isn't PP supposed to respect the in and out points that I set and just put that onto the timeline? I could swear it used to work like that.

Now when I drag my chapter sequences into my master sequence, PP is not respecting their in/out points. It's putting the whole sequence in, even with a lot of extra blank space at the end. This behaviour seems really weird to me...has something changed or is there possibly a setting I'm overlooking? I have about 40 little chapter sequences to put together on a timeline, and it seems like I can't do it the way I've always done.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Lori

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the timeline panel, is the little sequence icon checked or unchecked? (blue/grey)

As that determines when you bring in another sequence if the behavior is you bring in the entire sequence as a sequence added on, or as simply a 'single clip' in nested form.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines