• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropbox CloudStorage Location

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a DropBox Beta in Monterey 12.5.1 where the DropBox location is User/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox.

No problems until I a project was Shared with me - I went to Attach Proxies. There was no way to discover anything in the hidden CloudStorage library, DropBox included. With this new utilization of 'CloudStorage' DropBox does not allow users designate the sync location.

I am reverting away from the Beta and getting to work ok, but with future updates to DropBox and other cloud storage, ie GDrive, moving into Library/CloudStorage/ - I hope there are updates to Premiere that better account for the media destination.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Dropbox isn't allowing you to 'see' your folder structure, isn't that a Dropbox or OS issue? I'm not sure how Premiere is supposed to sort that out. Unless I'm misunderstanding something from your post.

My partner and I work together constantly ... he's in Cape Town, I'm in Oregon, and we run 'regular' projects, Team Projects, and even a Production via LucidLink's service with the storage on Amazon S3 servers in London.

LucidLink does two things that are WAY above any other service: it incredibly intelligently uses "packets" to move data in usable forms, and utilizes a "virtual drive" on each computer for easy 'apparent' file management.

Mo and I can be on a WhatsApp phone call ... he tells me he's copying a folder of media from his Mac to a folder in our filespace. Within a couple seconds, I see the folder appear on my LucidLink "drive" tree. Shortly followed by the files.

Which haven't finished uploading to London yet, but I'm already importing them into Premiere on my machine and adding the clips to sequences! Because the bits needed are sent as they would be used.

We've been rather stunned ... and use that service all the time now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rustic,
Thanks for the note.
I'm having the same problem after the dropbox upgrade I can't link the Premiere project footages anymore. This is also happening with Google Drive footage.
How did you solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using MacOS, which you are based on the '.../Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox/..' file path, you need to give Premiere Pro 'Full Disk Access' in Settings > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines